IGNOU BSW Admission 2024-25: 29 February 2024 is the deadline for IGNOU BSW Admission for the January 2024 session. Those students who completed their 10+2 from a recognized board are eligible to apply for this course. The application form is available online on the university's official website @ignou.ac.in.Students can fill out the admission form before the last date is 29 February 2024. The online application fee for the IGNOU BSW Admission is Rs 300/-.
BSW (Bachelor of Social Work) is a three-year duration course. After the 12th grade, students can enrol in this course. There are no minimum marks required for BSW admission. Students who wish to get a degree in BSW can fill out an online application by visiting the IGNOU official website. An offline application form is available in some IGNOU regional centres.
The Bachelor's degree program in Social Work (BSW) is designed for candidates who wish to provide professional assistance to people in need. Social workers tend to work in socially relevant fields like health care, community development, education, industry, counselling, family, correction, social defence, women, children, disabilities, etc.
IGNOU BSW Admission 2024-25 Latest Updates
IGNOU BSW Admission for the January 2024-25 session has been officially released for the BSW Course. So, Candidates who want to get admission need to apply before the deadline of 29 February 2024. Source
IGNOU has set the deadline for filling out the re-registration form for the January 2024 session has been extended, the last date of re-registration form is 29 February 2024. Source
Students can download the IGNOU BSW Admission prospectus via a Direct Link. Click Here
More IGNOU Courses
For other information, you can visit the below-stated pages
IGNOU BSW Admission 2024-25 Highlights
|[BSW] Bachelor of Social Work
|MODE OF APPLICATION
|Indira Gandhi National Open University
|Indira Gandhi National Open University Admission
|Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110068
|Average Starting Salary
|2 Lakh To 10 Lakh
- Mental Hospitals
- Natural Resources Management Companies
- Gender Issues Associations or Groups
- Counselling Centres
- Old Age Homes
- Correction Cells
- Human Rights Agencies
- HR Department of Industries
- Education Sector
- HR Department of Industries
- Social Worker
- Trainee Officer
- Probation Officer
- Criminology Specialist
- Labour Welfare Specialist
- Social Security Officer
- Executive Officer
IGNOU BSW Admission 2024-25
IGNOU BSW Admission 2024-25 last date to fill out the application form is 29 February 2024 for the January 2024-25 session. Indira Gandhi National Open University Admission (IGNOU) has begun the fresh admission process for the UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate, PG Diploma, and many other level programs. Students wishing to apply to IGNOU can fill out the application form online.
Indira Gandhi Open University opens admission in two sessions. One is January, and the other is July. The admission for the January session is ongoing and the university has extended the deadline. Candidates must examine IGNOU's Course and fee structure to learn about BSW course fees.
Existing student can register their name to BSW IGNOU re-registration and the last date of the re-registration form has been extanded by the ignou, the new deadline for the re-registration form is 29 February 2024. The IGNOU BSW re-registration form fee is Rs 200/- per course.
BSW Distance Education in IGNOU online registration is ongoing for the January session. So, whoever is not able to apply in the January 2024 session, can fill out the form for the January 2024-25 session before 29 February 2024 by going to the authorized web portal of the university.
IGNOU BSW Admission 2024-25 Important Dates
|IGNOU BSW Admission Events
|IGNOU BSW Application Form 2024-25 Release Date
|16 December 2024
|IGNOU BSW Admission 2024-25 Last Date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU BSW Re-registration 2024 Last Date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU BSW Assignment Last Date
|31 March 2024
|IGNOU BSW Exam form Last Date
|26 March 2024
IGNOU BSW Application Form 2024-25
Indira Gandhi National Open University admission portal is open for the January session for IGNOU BSW Admission 2024 on its official web portal. Candidates are required to complete the admission process before 29 February 2024 as per the official notification.
The university is currently accepting admissions for the IGNOU BSW program for the January 2024 session. The online application form is available on the official website. To fill out the application, students must visit the university's official website. Students must fill out an online application to save time. In some IGNOU Regional centers of IGOU, Only offline application forms can be collected. The application form fee is the same for Offline and online applicants.
Candidates need to visit regional centers for offline mode application form submission. In this mode, candidates have to submit multiple documents which are mandatory to complete the registration process offline.
IGNOU BSW is a bachelor's course for those students who want to be social workers in the future and want to earn a degree in the respective course. They can apply online for the IGNOU BSW Admission Form by filling out and submitting it. It is available online at the cost of Rs 300/-. The online link for admission is given below.
IGNOU BSW Admission Process 2024-25 January Session
Students must follow the application process carefully because if they submit any wrong information or upload any wrong documents, their application will be rejected by the university. Below, we have provided the complete process.
- First of all, Register yourself by creating the Username and Password through the Official website.
- Website- http://www.ignou.ac.in/
- Then fill in the all required details such as name, DOB, e-mail address, and contact number. After filling in the all details submit it.
- IGNOU sent the username to the registered Email ID and on the SMS of the candidate.
- The student must have to remember his/her Username and Password.
Step- 2 Log In and Form Filling
- The Student should have to log in through the Username and Password.
- Then, fill the carefully with all the necessary details.
Step- 3 Uploading Documents
At the time of filling out the Application Form, the candidate should upload the scanned copy of the following documents-
- Photograph and signature
- Age Proof
- Educational Qualification
- Experience Certificate (if any)
- BPL Certificate, if Below the Poverty Line
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC
Step- 4 Preview
- After uploading, the scanned documents, click on the next button to check the preview of the application form.
- If any error is displayed on the screen then they can go back and refill the application form for [BSW] Bachelor of Social Work.
Step- 5 Fee Submission
- Candidates can pay the application fee through a Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, or ATM (PNB).
- After successfully paying the fee, we must take out the printout of the application form for future reference.
Documents Required for IGNOU BSW Admission
- ID Proof Photocopy
- All the mark sheets of the Graduation course photocopy
- 10+2 Marksheet Photocopy
- Age Proof/ 10+2 Mark sheet.
Programme Structure For BSW
The BSW course is available in English and Hindi across the country. There is a credit system in the program structure for BSW in which one credit amounts to 30 hours. To complete the BSW program successfully, candidates must earn 96 credits, which takes around 3 to 6 years, according to your convenience.
The BSW program has three major components:
- Foundation Courses: 24 Credits
- Elective Courses: 48 Credits
- Field Work (Practicum): 24 Credits
IGNOU BSW Eligibility and Fees
IGNOU BSW fee is INR 18,600/- to complete the BSW programme. Candidates can pay a short-term fee of INR 6,200/- per year. Students who want admission to the Bachelor of Social Work must have completed the 12th grade or its equivalent with at least 50% marks from the recognized board.
IGNOU BSW Duration
The IGNOU Bachelor of Social Work duration is 3 to 6 years. The program is available in both English and Hindi. The minimum duration to complete the Bachelor of Social Work is 3 years, and students have the choice to take their exams. They can either attempt semester-based exams or yearly-basis exams.
IGNOU BSW Exam Form
IGNOU has released the IGNOU BSW Exam Form for the June 2024 TEE. Existing Candidates are suggested to complete all processes per the university website guidelines. Rs. 200/- is a fee per course while filling out the examination form. The last date to fill out the IGNOU BSW Exam Form will be on 26 March 2024*.
The university takes an exam twice a year, once in December and again in June. Students who have enrolled for the January session need to take an exam in the June TEE, and second is the July session need to take an exam in the December TEE. We advise students to visit the university's official website for more information.
IGNOU BSW Assignment
IGNOU has officially released the BSW assignment for the June TEE. The last date to submit the IGNOU assignment will be 31 March 2024* at the official website of the university. All enrolled students must check for IGNOU Assignment on their online dashboard or the official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University. It is compulsory to submit the BSW IGNOU Assignment before attending term-end exams.
What are the main benefits of IGNOU BSW?
Admission to the IGNOU BSW course provides the student with multiple benefits, some of which are listed below:
- IGNOU BSW is a DDE course. Therefore, it can be pursued and completed from home.
- Students are not required to visit the institution campus regularly like what happens in the regular mode of study.
- This course has no time-bound classes; therefore, the students can study at their choice time.
- The main objective of this course is to provide information related to social work; therefore, applicants will be able to gain enormous knowledge after completing the course.
- Interested students can gain admission to the course after completing class 12 or an equivalent course without appearing in any entrance exam.
- There is no age limit stated for admission to the course. Therefore, interested students of any age group can apply for admission to the course.
IGNOU Bachelor of Social Work Syllabus
Required Skills For IGNOU BSW
It is very important to have some important skills required to be a social worker like Emotional Intelligence, Critical Thinking, Active listening, information gathering empathy, etc.
|Ability to coordinate
Ability to set boundaries
|Good communication skills
Salient Features of IGNOU BSW
- A student who has not qualified for the 12th class can also apply for this course, after having an IGNOU BPP education and a certificate.
- Enrolled students do not need to attend regular classes of IGNOU BSW. They can work along with open learning. The open university offers them IGNOU Study material offline as well as online.
Jobs After IGNOU BSW Admission
There are various job opportunities for students after completing the Bachelor of Social Work. Both government organizations and private companies recruit such candidates for social work management. Skill-full candidates are in high demand they devote their time to healthcare, military, and social awareness and get handsome salaries.
IGNOU BSW Admission 2024 FAQs
Q What is the last date to apply for IGNOU BSW admission 2024-25?
Ans- IGNOU BSW admission 2024-25 last date to apply is 29 February 2024.
Q Who can enrol for IGNOU BSW admission 2024?
Ans- Students having a 12th degree with a minimum of 45% marks from any authorized board are eligible to enrol for IGNOU BSW admission 2024-25.
Other IGNOU Regional Centre