IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024-25: Indira Gandhi National Open University BLIS admission's last date for the January 2024-25 session is 29 February 2024. The admission process for the IGNOU Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) course is ongoing for the January 2024-25 academic session. On the official website of the university, the application form is available for this course. Applicants can submit their admission form at IGNOU's official web portal @ignou.ac.in.
Indira Gandhi National Open University Librarian Course admission 2024 is based on the merit list. The librarian course fee at the IGNOU University is Rs. 8,500/-. The BLIS Course duration is one year. IGNOU librarian course admission 2024-25 is ongoing online for the January 2024-25 session.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers a BLIS course in ODL Mode. Candidates interested in pursuing this course through distance learning can fill out the application form for admission to the January 2024 session.
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024-25 Updates
More IGNOU Courses
For other information, you can visit the below-stated pages
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024 Important Details
|[B.Lib.I.Sc] Bachelor of Library and Information Science
|Indira Gandhi National Open University
|Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110068
|Average Starting Salary
|2 Lakh To 8 Lakh
- Data Centres
- Government Offices
- Colleges & Universities
- Electronic Resources Librarian
- Research Instruction Librarian
- Teacher Librarian
- Information Architect
- Deputy Librarian
- Junior Librarian/Assistant Librarian
- Integrated Library System Application Specialist
- Library Attendant
- Metadata Librarian
- Junior Information Analyst
ignou.ac.in BLIS Admission 2024-25
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024 is started for the January 2024-25 academic session. Interested candidates are requested to fill out the application before the deadline. 29 February 2024 is the last date to apply for BLIS admission. Candidates who want admission at IGNOU University must fill up and submit the registration form by going to ignou.ac.in. Those who will fill out the registration form must visit the official IGNOU Samarth web portal. BLIS, Known as Bachelor of Library and Information Science, is a 1 to 2-year undergraduate course that teaches students about library management and administration.
There is no minimum or maximum age required for Blis IGNOU admission. The average ignou fee for these courses is around INR 6,500/- to Rs. 8,500/- for all students, and the online application fee for the IGNOU BLIS admission is Rs. 300/- The minimum eligibility criteria are that students must have passed Graduation with 50% marks for General students and 45% for SC, ST, PH, and OBC students.
इग्नू लाइब्रेरी कोर्स फॉर्म डेट 2024 is 29 February 2024. The candidate must fill out the application form before the last date. The university has released the deadline for the ignou re-registration 2024 process for the January 2024 session.
There are some criteria for students in the BLIS program. Candidates must obtain marks of 40% in the continuous equivalent of a course and 40% in the Term End Examination (TEE) of that course individually to be eligible for a Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science. Candidates who do not participate in the TEE exam can fill out the application form by visiting the official website.
Also, Check these IGNOU Pages For
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024-25 Important Dates
|IGNOU BLIS Admission Events
|IGNOU BLIS Application Form 2024-25 Release Date
|16 December 2023
|IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024-25 Last Date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU BLIS Re-registration 2024 Last Date
|29 February 2024
|IGNOU BLIS Assignment Last Date
|31 March 2024*
|IGNOU BLIS Exam form Last Date
|26 March 2024*
|IGNNOU BLIS Exam Date 2024
|11 June 2024*
IGNOU Librarian Course Details
इग्नू लाइब्रेरियन कोर्स is a one year UG degree programme. This course is offered to candidates after completing a three-year undergraduate degree. In this course, students learn about library management, IT services and personality development. This course is suitable for students who want to pursue their career around books or are interested in library management. IGNOU BLis admission opens in two sessions i.e. January and July. To get more information one can check the ignou librarian course details pdf. Click Here
BLIS IGNOU Application Form 2024
IGNOU releases the application form for the Library course (Blis) for the January 2024 session. It is available at @www.ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in and Interested students can fill it out from there. Only students who fulfil the IGNOU eligibility criteria are eligible to apply. The application fee is Rs 300/- which can be paid online via Debit/Credit Cards, Net banking or UPI. IGNOU Blis Application 2024 last date is 29 February 2024. There are important documents to have while filling out the registration form, such as scanned photos, signatures, educational documents, and many more.
IGNOU BLIS Application Process
- For the process of registration, visit the university's official website.
- Click on the online registration menu and go to the fresh admission section.
- Click the "Click Here for New Registration" button.
- Fill in your username, email, contact number, and password.
- Fill in the captcha and submit.
Required Skills For IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024-25
|Eye for detail
IGNOU BLIS Eligibility Criteria 2024
- Graduates with at least 50% marks for the General category (45% marks in case of SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates).
- इग्नू लाइब्रेरी कोर्स फॉर्म is offered in January and July sessions.
- All the students have to pass out graduation degrees from a recognized university. Students have to attend the entrance examination for the admission procedure.
- The B.Lib.I.Sc degree is provided after the completion of a one-year course.
- The Minimum Duration of the Course is 1 Year and the Maximum duration is 4 Years.
- Those candidates can also apply for B.Lib.I.Sc course, who has a Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 Years working experience in a Library and Information Centre.
IGNOU BLIS Fees Structure
The fee structure for the IGNOU BLIS registration fee is given below. Candidates are suggested to visit IGNOU's official website to check out fee details before applying.
- BLIS 1-year full-time course and the ignou blis fee 2024 for this course is INR 8,500/-.
- The application form fee for the BLIS course is INR300/-.
- There is relaxation for Special/reserved categories that are exempted from the application fee.
- इग्नू लाइब्रेरी कोर्स फीस शुरू होती है ३००० से १०००० तक जिसको छात्र जमा कर सकता है इग्नू के वेबसाइट पे जा कर के.
BLIS IGNOU Syllabus
LIBRARY, INFORMATION AND SOCIETY
- Library and Information in Societal Perspective
- Library and Information Profession and Related Agencies
- Library, Information and Related Legislation
- Resource Sharing and Library Networks
- Network Fundamentals
- Internet Tools and Services
- Middleware Technologies
- Basics of ICT
INFORMATION SOURCES AND SERVICES
- Information Services
- Non-Documentary Sources
- Documentary Sources
- Information Use and User Studies
ORGANISING AND MANAGING INFORMATION
- Recent Developments
MANAGEMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION CENTRE
- Financial Management
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Library Functions and Operations
- Human Resource Management
- Workplace Skills
- Writing Skills
- Advanced Writing Skills
- Preparing for the Job Interview
- Communication Fundamentals
DOCUMENT PROCESSING: PRACTICE
- Classification– Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC)
- Cataloguing – AACR 2R and MARC 21
- Indexing – Sears List of Subject Headings
INFORMATION PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Web Products and Services
- Conventional Products and Services
- Document Delivery Service
- Special Products and Services
ICT IN LIBRARIES
- Library Automation
- Digitisation and Digital Libraries– D-Space and GSDL
How IGNOU B.Lis is Beneficial Course?
- Qualified candidates of B.Lib.I.Sc courses can get jobs in the Public/government areas, universities, libraries, and also in academic institutions, news agencies, and organizations.
- Opportunities are also calling for qualified candidates to work with Private organizations and libraries, foreign embassies, photo/film libraries, etc.
- There is another option for the B.Lib.I.Sc students of admission in the higher degrees in the various subject-related field.
IGNOU BLIS Re-Registration 2024
IGNOU's Re-registration process for the January 2024 session is extended by the university for Bachelor of Library and Information Science programmes. The university has already begun fresh admission for the January 2024 session. Students who would like to apply for IGNOU BLIS re-registration 2024 before 29 February 2024. IGNOU has commenced fresh online admission for the Bachelor of Library and Information Science course.
IGNOU BLis Assignment
IGNOU is accepting the BLis assignment for the June TEE 2024. Those students who are enrolled in this programme and want to take the TEE are advised to submit the solved IGNOU blis assignment 2024 on time. As per the official notification, IGNOU BLis Assignment submission's last date will be 31 March 2024*.
There are 2 components on which the marks are relaid of a BLis IGNOU Student. 30% of weightage is given to CE. CE stands for Continuous Evaluation. Students can score good marks in CE by solving IGNOU Assignment questions. The rest of the 70% marks can be scored by performing well in the IGNOU BLIS Term End Exam.
IGNOU BLIS Exam Form
IGNOU releases the BLIS exam form for June TEE 2024. The last date for submission of the IGNOU Exam Form for the BLIS course is 26 March 2024. Those who have successfully finished the ignou examination form are eligible to sit in the exam, which will be held in June.
The university allows students to choose their nearest examination centre in case their time at the centre has been exhausted. The fee per course is Rs. 200/- if candidates pay before the last date. There is a late fee of Rs. 1100/- students can pay through net banking. Students can visit the university's official website to complete the examination form.
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024 Scope
After completing the इग्नू लाइब्रेरी कोर्स, there are many Job Opportunities like Librarian, Documentation Officer, library and Information Officer, Deputy Librarian, Information Analyst, etc. The minimum salary of a person in B.Lib.I.Sc. is between INR 2 to 12 Lacs per annum, increasing according to experience.
Some Universities and Colleges provide direct admission to students based on the Merit list and whether some colleges conduct the entrance examination for offering admission to the course. The librarian course in IGNOU 2024-25 is a good and better option for the interested candidate.
IGNOU Blis Students learn all the professional things that are required to be a good librarian. the field of library and information science has undergone enormous changes because of the development of computers and communication technology. It is one of the best career options for students.
Job Profiles after IGNOU BLIS Course
- Deputy Librarian
- Library Director
- Electronic Resource Librarian
- Library Science Teacher
- Law Librarian
- Information Architect
- Library assistant
Other IGNOU Regional Centre
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024 FAQs
Q What is the last date to apply for IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024?
Ans IGNOU librarian course admission 2024 last date is 29 February 2024 for the January session.
Q Is Library Science Available in IGNOU?
Ans Yes, Bachleor's in Library Science Course is available at IGNOU University.