Updated On - May 13th 2023, Updated By - Rahul
IGNOU MPhil Admission: Master of Philosophy (MPhil) is a post-graduation research degree course. Students who enroll in this course will learn how to conduct high-quality research. IGNOU offers multiple specializations in the Master of Philosophy, such as English, History, Economics, Political Science, Chemistry, and many more. The minimum duration of this course is one year, and the maximum duration is two years.
IGNOU MPhil Admission 2023 is not offered by the university for this session, as per the official website. So, those who want admission to the MPhil program through IGNOU can apply for the other program. And for more information regarding the INGOU M.Phil Admission, individuals can read the article so that they know everything about the mentioned course.
The university will soon commence admission for the Undergraduate (UG),Postgraduates (PG),Diploma, and other level courses for IGNOU Admission 2023-24 July session. Candidates who are going to apply for the July session must read our in-depth article for the latest updates.
Indira Gandhi National Open University is better known in its short form IGNOU. It is a Central Learning University situated at Maidan Garhi in Delhi. It was named after the former prime minister of the country, Mrs Indira Gandhi, after a year of her assassination. IGNOU university was established in 1985. The parliament of India had passed the Indira Gandhi National Open University Act, 1985. The university is known for its distance learning.
Also, Check these IGNOU Pages For
|IGNOU Exam form||IGNOU Assignment|
|IGNOU Re-registration||IGNOU Grade Card|
|IGNOU Result||IGNOU Fee Structure|
|IGNOU Syllabus||IGNOU Hall Ticket|
|IGNOU Admission Status||IGNOU Assignment Status|
Note: For this session, IGNOU is not accepting applications for the MPhil program.
IGNOU Admission 2023-24 Latest Updates
- The Admission for the January session at IGNOU university is currently open at the official web portal, and the closing date for submitting a new application for UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate, and PG Diploma level courses (Expect MPhil). 31 March 2023 is the last date to apply for ignou admission 2023-24.
- The re-registration process at ignou is now officially begun for the July session on 09 May 2023. The last date to enrol for the re-admission will be 15 June 2023. Source
IGNOU More Courses
IGNOU MPhil Admission Highlight
[MPhil ] Master of Philosophy
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110068
|Minimum Duration||One Year|
|Maximum Duration||Two Years|
|IGNOU MPhil Course Fees||Rs 12,600|
Master’s Degree in relevant subject
IGNOU MPhil Admission 2023
The Indira Gandhi National Open University re-registration deadline for the January 2023 session has been extended. Those who want to take admission for the next session must fill out the re-admission form before 31 March 2023 by visiting the official website of the university. IGNOU is one of the best universities when we talk about distance mode. Except for IGNOU M.Phil, the university has begun the admission process for UG, PG, Diploma, and PG Diploma level programs. IGNOU offers various UG, PG, Ph.D., and diploma-level programs.
IGNOU MPhil admission minimum duration is one year, and the maximum duration of this program is two years. Students who want admission to this course need to visit the ignou official website, But for this session, ignou is not providing the IGNOU MPhil Admission. IGNOU accepts the application form both online and offline.
IGNOU MPhil Application Process
For the enrolment in the MPhil. In IGNOU, candidates first must submit the application form available on the university’s official website. They have the option to either apply online or offline.
Meanwhile, candidates should be cautious regarding the date and session. Steps are given below to fulfill the application form for MPhil.
- First, candidates must visit IGNOU’s official website to get the application form.
- On the website, candidates have to click on the ‘Admission link.’
- Students need to enter their valid email IDs and password for registration. After that, the candidate will get the opportunity to log in.
- When candidates log in, the next step is to click on the Apply Now link. Subsequently, the application form will be visible, and a candidate can fill the application form easily.
- Before submitting the form, one should cross-check the details which are filled in the form. After all these processes, the candidate must upload a jpeg, their photographs, and their signature.
- After filling in all the details on the application form, the candidates are required to pay the application fee of Rs 1000. Payments can be made in both modes offline and online. Students have to send a demand draft of the same amount to the university address for offline payment.
- Those who want to pay online can pay through credit/debit card/net banking.
IGNOU MPhil Admission 2023 Course Structure
Candidates, after taking admission in MPhil. They must complete their first six-month coursework on the IGNOU campus in New Delhi. All the students must be punctual during the six months because at least 80 percent attendance in classroom teaching is essential.
The MPhil course is based on 16 credits. 4 courses have been delivered in the following ways: below.
- The minimum duration for classroom learning should be 30-hour
- The minimum period for library work will be of 20-hour.
- A minimum number of hours assigned for tutorials and other interactive activities will be of 10-hour.
IGNOU MPhil Courses
Indira Gandhi National Open University offered 11 Subjects in the MPhil course. And for the students below, we have shared the list of IGNOU MPhil Courses:
Master of Philosophy in Geography
Master of Philosophy in Journalism and Mass Communication
Master of Philosophy in Economics
Master of Philosophy in Chemistry
Master of Philosophy in Theatre Arts
Master of Philosophy in Commerce
Master of Philosophy in Sociology
Master of Philosophy in Political Science
Master of Philosophy in Social Work
Master of Philosophy in Distance Education
Master of Philosophy in Translation Studies
IGNOU MPhil Fees
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) is a one-year course, and the maximum duration of this program would be two years. Students have to pass the entrance exam. The total IGNOU MPhil fees were Rs 12,600. Students could pay the fee online by visiting the ignou official website.
IGNOU MPhil Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should have a Master’s Degree from any university recognized by UGC. General category students must obtain at least 55% marks in their respective subjects. However, in SC, ST, and OBC candidates (non-creamy layer),only 50 percent marks are required in Masters. The admission process was based on the entrance exam.
Needless to add, IGNOU has provided a wonderful opportunity for students who cannot continue their studies due to financial or other problems. Many students have achieved a lot after getting admission to the university.
MPhil. the course is a golden chance for such students who want to be interested in research and development. It is needless to add that MPhil. A degree at such a reasonable fee is a boon, especially for financially weak students.
IGNOU Mhil Admission 2023- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1 What is the duration of the MPhil course?
Ans The minimum duration of the MPhil course is two years, and the maximum duration of this course is four years.
Q2 Is there an MPhil program at IGNOU?
No, for this session, ignou is not offering MPhil Admission.
Q 3 What are the Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU MPhil Course?
To apply to this course, students must have completed the Postgraduates (PG) level degree.
Q 4 Can you complete IGNOU MPhil in one year?
Usually, the duration of the MPhil program is one year, and it is a postgraduate-level degree.
Q 5 Is there any age limit for IGNOU Mhil Programme?
No, there is no age bar for the students who want to apply for this course.
Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now
Table of Contents