Updated On - May 31st 2023, Updated By - ishika
BA Admission 2023: The full form of B.A is Bachelor of Arts. BA Admission 2023 allows entry to a three year undergraduate program which focuses on various disciplines such as literature, humanities, history, and many others. It is a popular and high in demand course among students who have just passed out Class 12th and are willing to pursue their career in the field of literature, history and various other specialisations.
The course is designed in a way to improve the critical thinking skills and communication skills of the students. Students who have pursued a Bachelor of Arts degree are likely to go for a Masters of Arts (M.A.) degree. BA Admission 2023 has begun in various institutions around the country and are expected to start the academic session soon.
BA Admission 2023 can be taken in any of the three modes i.e. Regular, Distance, and Online. For working professionals, distance and online modes are the best modes of pursuing a BA degree as it would give the flexibility of studying for the course. Candidates can pursue their BA degree along with their day job and level up their skills and educational qualifications.
BA Admission 2023 Latest Updates
- GGSIPU CET 2023: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will conduct the CET 2023 examination from 30 May 2023 to 15 June 2023 to offer BA Admission 2023 in various affiliated colleges.
- CUET UG 2023: NTA will conduct CUET UG 2023 to offer admission to various undergraduate courses including BA Course. The examination was scheduled from 21 May 2023 to 31 May 2023. Later, NTA extended the date till 8 June 2023.
- BA Admission 2023 has been announced by various universities. Candidates can apply for admission to various BA Courses offered by the universities.
Some other Courses
|MBA Admission 2023||BSc Admission 2023|
|B.Pharmacy Admission 2023||BTech Admission 2023|
|BSc Nursing Admission 2023||PhD Admission 2023|
|MA Admission 2023||BCA Admission 2023|
|MCom Admission 2023||MSc Admission 2023|
|BCom Admission 2023||MBBS Admission 2023|
BA Admission 2023 Highlights
BA Admission 2023 is offered under various courses and specializations. The course prepares the students for the market in various disciplines by providing in depth knowledge about the course they have opted for. Some of the disciplines in which BA is offered include English, History, Journalism and Mass Communication, Psychology, etc.
- The course duration is generally three years.
- In any BA specialization, the students must study 5 mandatory subjects along with five electives. And the subjects vary based on selected specialization.
- Candidates can pursue BA full-time or part-time, in a distance mode or as a correspondence course.
|Name||Bachelor of Arts|
|Course Duration||3 years|
Students should have completed their 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised board.
In some cases, a relaxation of 5% is given to students from SC/ST category.
Some colleges require English as a mandatory subject to opt for the course.
|Admission Process||Merit/Entrance Based|
|Course Fee||Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 per year (varies from university to university)|
|Average Salary||Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 8 lakhs per annum|
BA Courses to choose from after 12th
After completing class 12th, many students have one question: What should they study now? Students can opt for the BA program as the BA Admission 2023 after 12th offers them multiple options related to the art field to choose from. Some of the subjects and options provided by the Arts field are Psychology, History, Archaeology, Geography, Economics, Journalism, Mass Communication, Sociology, Anthropology, Literature, and Languages, Environmental Science.
Preparation tips for BA Admission 2023 –
Here are some preparation tips that will help all the students pursuing any of the BA courses:
- Improve the vocabulary – This is essential as BA courses mainly deal with several reading and writing activities. Having excellent writing and communication skill is a plus point for any candidate pursuing a BA course.
- Reading and practicing more – Staying updated with the syllabus every day is essential. The student must read and practice more to understand the syllabus and pass the examinations with flying colors.
- Have in-depth knowledge and significant interest in involved subjects – A student must have in-depth knowledge about the subject under consideration and be immensely interested in it to ensure that he/she researches well and learn more about it.
- Revise – revising regularly is a key to scoring good marks in the final examinations. A student must always keep revising and understanding the involved subjects to score good marks.
- Have a timetable – Preparing a timetable for properly studying is essential as every course has several subjects. A student must cover all the subjects to get better grades in an examination.
Top Colleges for BA Admission 2023
There are many colleges in India offering BA Admission 2023. These colleges are located in different parts of the country. Some of the most popular BA Admission 2023 colleges are located in Delhi which include the Delhi University colleges like Miranda House, Gargi College, Hansraj College, etc. Some other top colleges in different states can be navigated from the table below:
Most popular BA Admission 2023 Courses Available in India
BA (Bachelors of Arts) is an undergraduate-level course in Arts and Humanities, and it has a duration of 3 years in Indian universities and colleges. BA degrees have various specializations, including BA Honours, BA Major, and BA General Programmes. Here is a tentative list of courses for BA in India:
- BA in Education
- BA in English
- BA in Film Studies
- BA in Comparative Literature
- BA in Astrology
- BA in Media Science
- BA in Social Work
- BA in Urdu
- BA in Tourism
- BA in Telugu
- BA in Tamil
- BA in Sociology
- BA in Social Studies
- BA in Rural development
- BA in Punjabi
- BA in Philosophy
- BA in Home Science
- BA in Fashion Designing
- BA in Dance
- BA in Acting
- BA in Business Economics
- BA in History
- BA in Hindi
- BA in Public Relations
- BA in Physiology
- BA in Political Science
- BA in Gujarati
- BA in Physical Education
- BA in Geography
- BA in Functional English
- BA in Fine Arts
- BA in French
- BA in Odia
- BA in Persian
- BA in Music
- BA in Mathematics
- BA in Economics
- BA in Marathi
- BA in Arabic
- BA in Drawing and Painting
- BA in Anthropology
- BA in Ancient History
- BA in Kannada
- BA in Malayalam
- BA in Defence
- BA in Communicative English
- BA in Bengali
- BA in Assamese
- BA in Islamic Studies
- BA in Journalism
There are other specializations, too, available in BA Courses, but these are the ones that most of the colleges and universities offer, and most of the candidates prefer. To get your BA degree now, apply for BA Admission 2023 application form and get your desired university to carry forward your studies.
BA Admission 2023 Fees And Duration
BA courses after the 12th provide an excellent option for the students who want to do the UG course after completing class 12. The duration of the BA course is 3 years. The average fee for completing the BA course is between Rs. 4,000 to Rs. 65,000.
In the duration of this course, students will learn everything which will be essential and helpful for life, i.e., the way to live life. You all must be thinking "How" for this question we take an example to understand. In college days, students don't have managing skills in terms of Time, Money, Work, and Health balance. These skills are life-changing skills to make students successful in every domain of life.
Eligibility Criteria For BA Admission 2023
For opting for BA Admission 2023 in any Indian college/institute, the student's best of four percentages in class 12th Board results must match the percentile that the selected university or college prescribes. However, in some cases, the university also requires the candidates to have taken arts or humanities and studied it in higher school.
Students should pass the 10+2 exam with at least 50% marks from a recognized board. Some universities take admission based on marks obtained in the 10+2 merit list. Still, some universities have their test, and the marks obtained in entrance exams make them eligible to get admission to University/College.
BA Admission 2023-24 Process
BA Admission 2023 is offered by merit and entrance examinations, based on various colleges and universities across India. Here is a brief on both:
- BA Admission 2023 via merit: Based on the merit list, various colleges generate their cut-off lists, and the candidates with the score within the criteria are eligible to take admission in the considered program. In the nation's elite colleges, like Miranda House, Hindu College, Gargi College, etc., the cut-off goes up to 98% for the BA Courses.
- BA Admission 2023 via Entrance Exam: Several other prominent colleges like Delhi University, Hindu University, and others take admission by entrance exams, like BHU UET, JNUEE, DUET, etc. For admission in a BA Course in these colleges, scores in Class 12th and these entrance examinations are considered.
The admission process for both entrance and merit type is almost the same, starting with the registrations, uploading the required documents, and paying the application fees. The only difference between them is that one must collect their admit card and appear in the entrance examinations for taking admission via the latter process.
BA Admission 2023 Course Subjects and Syllabus
Based on the discipline or specialization, the subject and syllabus for various BA Courses vary. There are also some variations in the syllabus and subjects included in a BA course based on the student's university or college. Students can check the below-mentioned table to have a brief idea about some most prominent BA courses and a general list of subjects and syllabus to get a better idea for selecting the right course for themselves.
How many subjects are there in BA course?
Subjects depend upon the specialization you chose in BA Course, but usually, all the students have to study at least five subjects per semester. There is one language that is compulsory to study for all the students. Some of the basic subjects are given below.
Common Subjects In B.A. Program 2023
Some of the common subjects in all B.A. syllabus are given below-
● General knowledge
● Comprehensive Ability
● Indian Polity
● Numerical and Mental Ability
● The Human Body & Common Disease
● History & Indian Culture
● Environmental Studies
● Population & Climate Change
BA Course Subjects and Syllabus List:
BA Course Name
List of included subjects
BA Political Science
Any Two: Understanding Heritage / Art Appreciation: Introduction to Indian Art / Archives and museums / Understanding the Popular Culture
Discipline-Specific Elective (Any Four)
History Of Africa (c. 1500 - 1960s)
History Of United States Of America – part 1(C. 1776 -1945),part 2(C. 1776 - 1945)
History Of The USSR - I (c. 1917- 1964),II (c. 1917- 1964)
BA Social Work
Discipline-Specific Course - 4
Discipline-Specific Elective Any Two
Generic Elective Any Two
Skill Enhancement Course (SEC)
BA Rural Studies
List Of Top 10 Colleges In India for BA Admission 2023
To take admission in Top colleges is a dream for every student, but have you ever thought about what makes a college in Top list? Quality of education, Infrastructure, placements, Experienced teachers, Laboratories, and many more things. Below here is a list of Top 10 colleges for BA Admission 2023 -
1. Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
2. Christ University, Bangalore
3. St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
4. Miranda House, Delhi University
5. Hans Raj College, Delhi University
6. Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi
7. Hindu College, Delhi University
8. Ramjas College, Delhi University
9. Madras Christian College, Chennai
10. Loyola College, Chennai
Top Colleges For B.A. Admission 2023
Some of the renowned colleges for B.A. are as follows-
- St. Stephens College, New Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
- Hans Raj College, Delhi University
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
IGNOU BA Admission 2023
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),is among the most prestigious universities offering courses in the distance mode. IGNOU is offering BA Admission 2023 for the July 2023 session. If you are a working professional or recently passed 10+2 and want to do some self work without having to visit regular college classes, then pursuing BA Admission 2023 from IGNOU can be a great choice for you. You will not have to visit regular college classes, and just go for examinations once you are enrolled for BA Admission 2023 in IGNOU.
The last date to apply for BA Admission 2023 is 30 June 2023. You must submit the duly filled application form before the last date to secure your admission in the university.
Career and Job opportunities after a BA Admission 2023
BA course jobs: After completing a BA (Bachelor of Arts) course, Students have many job opportunities. BA graduate students can apply for the job in the private and government sectors with a handsome salary package about Executive Assistant 3.7 LPA, Content Writer 2.6 LPA, HR Manager 6.8 LPA, Operations Manager 6 LPA. Some of the other Jobs are:
- Content Writer – In this profile, the candidates must have research skills and command over the specific language they have to write. They can get a job in any private firm or can also work as a freelancer.
- Flight steward/ air hostess – In this job profile, the candidate enters into the aviation industry and must ensure the passengers' security and safety onboard an aircraft.
- Primary school teacher – ABA graduate can also become a primary school teacher, but he/she must also be creative and capable of handling kids to get this job profile.
- Computer Operator – This is a job profile in the IT sector. A candidate must check the computer system's performance, ensure that the machine properly works, and do other similar tasks.
- Customer Service Representative (CSR) – BA graduates can also become CSR to interact with the customers of a company or organization, handle them, address their concerns, and develop better plans and details for them.
- Counselor - These are the trained professionals required to help people by listening to any of their issues or concerns or worries and advice them.
- Others – There are several other job profiles in which a BA graduate can seek employment and thrive. A few other job profiles involve social workers, Executive assistant, marketing manager, HR manager, Operations head, Expert of a language, Psychologist, Archaeologist, etc.
Some of the other Jobs are given below-
- Primary School Teacher
- Marketing Manager
- Computer Operator
- Customer Service Representative (CSR)
- Executive Assistant
- H.R. Manager
- Content Writer
- Operations Manager
- Social Worker
- Foreign Language Expert
Frequently Asked Questions for BA Admission 2023
Is BA Hons. better than BA?
Yes, BA Hons. is better than BA because a candidate specializes in the particular subject in doing the former course. However, in the standard degree of a BA course, there is no specialization.
Can I choose to study MBA after completing my BA?
Yes, you are allowed to do the same. However, this also depends on the course selected in the graduation level study and how it will benefit the MBA.
Does the BA Admission 2023 have any specialization for liberal arts?
Yes, numerous universities and colleges offer BA Liberal Arts courses for the students. The duration of this is 4 years, unlike other prominent courses which have a duration of 3 years.
How much time does it take to complete BA?
BA is a three year undergraduate program. After having taken BA Admission 2023, you will be required to spend 3 years studying the subjects of your specialization or the general subjects like literature, history, etc.
Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now