Updated On - October 22nd 2021, Updated By - Vishal
BCA Admission 2021: Bachelors of Computer Applications (BCA) is a 3 years undergraduate course that should be completed in the maximum period of 6 years. As technology is rising day by day, the demand for computer applications and persons related to this field also increases. The graduates will get jobs in various industries related to the IT sectors such as Wipro, Infosys, NIIT, etc.
BCA Course Highlights
Bachelors of Computer Application
12th clearance with 50% scores min.
Entry exam basis and merit basis
Rs. 30k to 50k (depending on institute)
Reserved categories, weaker sections, and high merit Candidates get scholarships
Average starting salary
Rs. 2.5 to 3 Lacs per annum
BCA Admission 2021
Gaining admission in this course means applying to avail a life forward that is equipped with all together computer-related work. The Candidates for some unis might have to go by an entry exam otherwise some unis also provide entry based on the merit attained by their students.
There will be a round of personal interviews, in the course of COVID-19, all interviews have been taken up by the virtual model. The students that are clearing their interviews would be tested for their general aptitude level. Variation of colleges and their demands have to be considered while taking in admission in any course
- Some Candidates even gain entry based on their scores in 12th grade
- Candidates must fulfill the criteria of eligibility to gain an admission
- The procedure on the uni site for admission 2021 must be checked before applying
- Candidates must make sure they have all the papers req. to submit or can prepare the papers to attach before applying
The course initially develops an understanding of the digital and Computer subjects. The Candidates can take up either information technology at the UG level or they can take up Computer Applications as a Bachelors's course if students want to pursue a career in the computer and digital field.
BCA Course Details
The need for people who can use the computer and understand its technicalities has grown with the pace of rapid technological development of the world. The BCA career has today become a choice of thousands of aspirants and the required of thousands of recruiters. The Candidates who are eligible in using the digital world in their favor can make a lot of profit on their own without any help as well.
The three years UG level course of Bachelor of Computer Applications holds a great grip on the universities as the Candidates take it up a lot. It provides info and tuition on the Computer applications and technology of the world.
The Candidates can gain access to knowledge on the matter of various computer issues and their solutions based on the programming. The Candidates in this course can also learn things such as data structure, Java and C++, Networking, and more. IT and software jobs can easily be equipped after the completion of the course.
The division of course is basically up to 6 semesters as per the convenience and time span of years for the course. The Candidates have the option of pursuing such a course in the regular or the distance learning options from the various institutions. Candidates can choose as per convenience the mode of applications and the mode of learning the course as their interests and capabilities.
BCA Course Eligibility
As mentioned earlier, each pupil must check if they are eligible for applying to the university from their eligibility criteria. The course only allows Candidates with passing or high scores to take up the course. Candidates that are not from the same backdrop must make sure that they have had the proper education and are highly equipped with good scores to avail of the course.
The eligibility of the course can be matched by anyone and can also be checked by anyone as it is given on the page of the institute that Candidates might want to apply to. The Candidates of the course are required to have by the least educated in the field of math and geography.
- Candidates trying to avail the course must make sure that they have completed their 12th grade in either the stream of science or computer from a board of value
- The Candidates of the general category must attain a total of 50% while the scores are min. 45% req. for the reserved category Candidates at the 12th level.
- Students that do not have a backdrop of Computer Science or Infotech can apply if they have Math or Computer as their syllabus subject in their backdrop
There are many subjects about which students study in the BCA course. Some of the courses are listed below:
- Accounting Applications
- Computer Graphics
- Cyber Law
- Internet Technologies
- Music and Video Processing
- Personal Information Management
- Programming Languages
- Systems Analysis
BCA Course Syllabus
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Modern Operating Environment||C Programming|
|Business Communication||Database Management System|
|Financial Accounting||Digital Electronics|
|Laboratory Course - Tally / MS Office||E-Commerce|
|Principles of Management||Organizational Behavior|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|Data Structure using C||Object-Oriented Programming in C++|
|Business Mathematics||Computer Networking|
|Relational Database Management System||Computer Organization and Architect|
|Software Engineering||Enterprise Resource Planning|
|SEMESTER V||SEMESTER VI|
|Web Technology with PHP||Advanced Java|
|Advanced Web Technologies||Laboratory Course - Advanced Web Technologies / Advanced Java|
|Laboratory Course – VB / C++||Recent Trends in IT|
|Python Scripting||Software Testing|
The institutes offering the course Internship also give out internships for the course alongside it. The options of career after the course are as such:
How To Apply For BCA Course?
The Candidates can apply by following the steps below in an orderly and effective manner, all steps must be followed accurately and nothing should be left out:
- The Candidates are requested to visit only the official site of the uni that they are aspiring for
- Students must check out the form by selecting the course from the list of courses for entry 2021
- They are to fill the box given in the form accurately and they must not let anything be left out
- Candidates are also requested to only given the correct format of documents that they provide
- They must only attach the asked for papers
- Candidates should then pay the asked for a fee for the form of entry 2021
- They can then wait for their acceptance mail and the uni’s merit list
List Of Documents Required For BCA Course:
- Admission form 2021 with the attached photo (of req. size)
- T.C and L.C copies (attested)
- Some unis may require an education affidavit
- Migration, Income, and Gap certificate (only if applicable to the student)
- Scoresheet of 12th
- Scoresheet of 10th
- Entry exam scoresheet
- Challan form of paid form fee for admission
- Adhaar card or personality proof
Certification Courses After BCA
If one can not take up the course of PG level after the BCA program due to their financial or other issues then they have the option of a certification course after the BCA course. These courses are not too long and cost way less than a PG-level course. Some of the courses under this category also hold the same value as a PG course and can be a substitute for a Masters's degree.
One of such courses is the PGPCS course that constitutes a two-year program in the study of managerial aspects. Candidates of the BCA course can with this degree make a career in the field of marketing, economics, IT, finance, operations, and various other branches on managerial posts. The courses other than PGPCS that are available for aspirants to take up are as follows:
- CCNA cert. (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- HCL Cert. Software Eng. (HCSE Java Track)
- Aptech Cert. Computer Professional (ACCP)
- Game Modeling 101 using Autodesk 3ds max
- G-CAT Pro
- Arena Animation Pro
- Arena’s Graphics & Web Design (GWD)
- Cert. in Wireless and Mobile Tech
- Hardware and Networking
- HCL Cert. Enterprise Eng. (HCE+)
- NIIT edge-Cert. in Web Component Dev. with Java Tech.
- Jetking Cert. Hardware and Networking Expert
- SAP course
- Oracle DBA
- Course in Info Security Manag.
- Sun Cert. System Admin. (SCSA)
BCA After 12th Arts
BCA requires Candidates to clear their entry exam and their 12th in Science or computer stream. The Candidates from other backdrops are not left out or forsaken, BCA provides a solution for that too! Candidates can check the eligibility and the most accurate info from the college that they are applying to otherwise they can check the eligibility on the site of any uni.
- Candidates are required to have completed 12th with core subject as Math with 50% scores attained in it.
- Candidates are required to have Computer as a core subject in their 12th degree if they do not have math, they must have a 50% score in that as well.
Top 10 BCA Colleges In Greater Noida
The top institutes providing the course of BCA in greater Noida are many, but here is the list shortlisted so that Candidates may find it easier to decide:
- United Group of Institutions, Greater Noida
- JIMS Eng. Manag. Technical Campus, [JIMSEMTC]
- SHARDA UNI, GREATER NOIDA
- Mangalmay Group of Institutions, Greater Noida
- Delhi Technical Campus, [DTC] Greater Noida
- United Schl. of Business, Noida
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, [UPES] Dehradun
- Rakshpal Bahadur Manag. Institute, [RBMI] Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Noida
BCA Colleges in Different States:
BCA Course Entrance Exams
Entry exams are held in the following institutes for the BCA course, one can apply in their entrance exam to take up admission in these institutes or others.
- City Academy Degree College
- IIS University
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Shia PG College
- Singhania University.
Some entry exams are considered the topmost. Candidates must remember that taking the top-most exams would mean that they could gain admission to any institute. Listed below are some such entry exams that would be applicable while applying for the BCA course:
- TISS BAT
- Nirmala College Entrance Exam
- Magadh Mahila College Entrance Test
- National Post Graduate College Entrance Exam
- PVKN Govt Degree College CET
- DU NCWEB
- Shia PG College Entrance Exam
- DAVV Mateshwari Sugni Devi Girls College Entrance Exam
- DAVV CET
- Banasthali University Entrance Test
- Loreto College Entrance Test
- Kalindi College CET
- The IIS University Entrance Exam
Some of the institutes give their Candidates only regular mode of BCA to avail from, but given below are the institutes that provide BCA even in the distance mode through formal entry 2021:
- Indira Gandhi National University (IGNOU)
- Tamil Nadu Open Uni
- School of Open Learning, UOD
- Sikkim Manipal Uni
- Annamalai Uni
- Karnataka State Open Uni
- Jamia Milia Islamia Uni
Career Opportunities After BCA Course
The course opens a gateway to a Master's degree opportunity & Career in Software Industry for Candidates. They can take up M.Sc. IT, M.Sc. CA, MCA, MA IT, M.Com IT, etc. It would allow them to have a PG degree in the same area of their course. The course allows candidates to be hired by companies such as Infosys, HCL Technologies, Capgemini, Tech Mahindra, TCS, Wipro, etc.
The successful graduates of the course can verily apply for further studies and aim to get themselves higher opportunities in the field of computer applications. The individuals get their job chances in the areas of Hardware & networking alongside changes in the sectors of software making and software uses.
BCA is a great chance for students to learn about the theories of computers, infotech. and more digital areas. The concepts taught in this course include software development, JAVA scripts, JAVA applications, Tech language, Computer Basics, and Web Development, etc. Candidates that want to be expert in areas of digital development and digital use should pursue the course without a second thought.
BCA Career Options
- Computer Support Specialist
- Software Developer
- Finance Manager
- Computer Programmer
- Business Consultant
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Service Support Specialist
- Marketing Manager
Some people do not understand what the course is good for and what is taught in the course given by the institute. The computer application course and software applications course helps Candidates understand the design and structure along with the use of the computers in their relation to specific or multiple tasks. Some examples of applications of computers include media players, software applications, database applications, and word processors.
The domination of tech and computers is in all fields at once, including the field of economics level, political level, and even the administrative level of learning. The jobs for the course are found almost everywhere in the world. Some colleges of our preferences are as given below for the course of BCA:
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi.
- Loreto College, Kolkata
- National Post Graduate College, Lucknow
The course is attained in some unis through the entrance exam that is taken up by the admission councils. The exam of this course can also be taken by the university that is taking in the admission for Candidates. Candidates may even have the chance to give the exam on the national or the state level. Some of them are as such:
- DU NCWEB
- National Post Graduate College Entrance Exam
- TISS BAT
- Loreto College Entrance Test.
- DAVV CET
Each institute in the country has provided a basic requirement or eligibility that one could refer to, for the course. Candidates must always only check the requirements or eligibility of the institute that they are willing to apply for. The Candidates can match the eligibility of a few institutes and then apply to all of these as the institute will only select a few students from a hundred that show up in the merit list as well.
The institute's eligibility for the BCA course will be dependent on the Candidates they want to allow entrance to. Candidates in their 12th grade should aspire to achieve their best merit so that they can avail themselves of the course of their desire from their desire uni at the right time.
Table of Contents