Updated On - June 26th 2021, Updated By - Kishor Kumar Bairagi
BBA Course full form is Bachelors in Business Administration it's a highly in-demand course at the level of UG for a period of 3 years. The short form for the course of Bachelors of business administration is BBA. The course has been made up and structured in a way that would give the Candidates a basic understanding of managerial work and management education.
The Candidates in this course are trained to be effective in communication skills and to work out entrepreneurship in a proficient and skilled way as the course would nourish their decision-making, critical thinking, and hands-on experience. Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is one of the most popular bachelor's degree programs after class XII.
BBA Course Details
The 3-year consuming course delivers a thorough outlook on business-oriented topics and subjects. The disciplines of marketing, accounting, HR, and finance are attached to the course of BBA.
The course is taken up with highly practical modules that put the Candidates in the practical challenges that they would meet at the work level. The time span given in the course works in favour of an organized semester pattern.
- The Candidates eligible for this course are those that have 12th cleared,
- The basic requirement that comes along is that they must have it cleared with their core subjects either as Math or as Commerce subjects in the backdrop.
- Some universities are known to give out the course without the backdrop required but it is a must that the degree that Candidates have acquired must be from a valuable board.
BBA graduates are highly knowledgeable of the managerial field thus, they can avail themselves of tons of jobs in their way. The BBA course is known to have a higher and more effective impact on the industry of business and thus, the graduates enjoy more comfortable pay than others. It enhances the pupil's leadership, handling, teamwork, and entrepreneurship skills.
A graduate of this course can earn an average income of at least INR 4.2 Lacs per annum though the amount may vary from industry to industry. Candidates that gain more skills, scores, and experience will have higher salaries.
The pursue of this BBA course can be in two moods, depending on the choice of the pupil as it can be either on a full-time or Distance Education basis. The Candidates can even get to choose whether they want regular classes or just want to complete the BBA course on a distance basis.
They gain a highly broad lookout of the business world while acquiring their business skills. Candidates even have the choice to gain a specialization or only acquire a bit of the general course from the university which helps them learn the overall working of the university while taking up a special skill and topic.
Types of BBA Courses
- BBA in Business Administration
- BBA in International Business
- BBA in Computer Application
- BBA in Finance
- BBA in Entrepreneurship
- BBA in Hospitality
- BBA in Human Resources
- BBA in Information Systems
- BBA in Global Business
- BBA in Tourism
- BBA in Human Resource Management
- BBA in Marketing
- BBA in Sports Management
- BBA in Management
- BBA in Hospital & Healthcare
- BBA in Accounting
- BBA in Supply Chain
- BBA in Retail
BBA Course Admission 2021
BBA is a top-level Management course of Bachelors or Undergraduate level. Students who are willing to take part or apply for the BBA course must take up at least 40% scores from any university which has a board of value. The Candidates will be welcomed if they clear off the exams with high scores, good on merit Candidates may even receive scholarships.
BBA course is business-related and occupies space in the category of management. Students that are willing to study the course would have to catch up to the level of criteria put up by the university that they are willing to apply to.
BBA Course Key Points
Bachelors of Business Administration
intermediate + 40% scores
Merit/ entry exam
INR 35k to 5 Lacs per annum (ranges from university to university)
Scholarship Eligible Students
Weaker sections and reserved category Candidates
Candidates of high achieved merit
Average starting salary
INR 2 to 10 Lacs per annum
The Candidates of this course can take up the ample chance they get for jobs in the management field by this course.
BBA Scope Covers Areas Of Mainly Management And Organizations Of The Same Criteria Including Fields Such As:
- Educational Institutes
- Industries and factories
- Marketing Organizations
- Export Companies
- Business Consultancies
The course of Bachelors of Business Administration Can be found being offered at the university all over India by mainly many reputed colleges and universities. The subjects covered in the course include operational research, Business Math, principles of management And statistics, etc.
These subjects help aspirants learn and establish businesses in the most effective manner and the subjects of the course have a count of 6 to 7 per semester, all Candidates must focus on all of these separately.
The Topmost And Most Reputable Colleges Offering The BBA Course Are Given As Follows:
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- Xavier's College, Mumbai
- Christ University, Bangalore
Many plans of the course help in critical thinking and practical experience along with the incorporation training. The Candidates can gain these in the form of projects, internships, industrial visits, presentations, case projects, etc. the interaction with offices, firms, and companies also builds a vision for students. It not only gives an edge to BBA Candidates over other Candidates but also promotes career growth after the syllabus ends.
The Candidates in the BBA course gain tons of practical knowledge giving them an edge over others. This brings the choice of having more career chances with the BBA syllabus.
The Subjects, Topics, Or Concerns In The BBA Field Are As Given Below:
- Financial Accounting.
- Personnel Manag. & Industry Relations.
- Business Math & Statistics.
- Production & Material Manag.
- Intro to Operations Research
- Business Economics
- Marketing Manag.
- All India Management Association - Under Graduate Aptitude Test (AIMA UGAT
- Christ University BBA Entrance Exam
- Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU-JAT)
- GITAM University Admission Test
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test for BBA, popularly known as the GGSIPU CET (BBA)
- Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) - BBA
The course is eligible on both an online and offline basis, Candidates can acquire it in the online distance mode as well as the regular offline course. The aspirants working forward to apply to the online course would have a much easier session than those working with the regular classes.
- It is a facility for Candidates from abroad, Candidates that are learning while they work, etc.
- The Candidates would not be inclined to regular classes
- They will req. the assignment and projects to be made
- They will only be req. the giving of exams and tests for BBA completion
- The course will be completed in the same time span of 3 years
Eligibility For BBA Course
BBA Courses have easy requirements that can be filled after a person completes their 12th grade. The institutes providing a BBA course may vary sometimes in req.s’ but mostly the unis providing a BBA have the same requirements’. the Candidates must meet these, they have to check the eligibility from the official prospectus of the university that they are applying to.
The basic criteria of the course are as given below:
- Students are req. by the uni to be clearer of 12th grade from a well-known board
- The institutes mostly admit aspirants based on their merit which may vary from uni to uni
- Candidates are to attain 50% scores in their 12th class to apply in most unis
- 45% scores are req. by the students of reserved categories such as SC, ST, PWD, Backward castes
- Candidates may req. to given an entry exam set up by the institute to enter the course
|BBA Subjects and BBA Syllabus - 1st Semester||BBA Subjects and BBA Syllabus - 2nd Semester|
|Human Resource Management I||Effective Communication I|
|Computer Applications||Business Law I|
|Financial Accounting||Management Accounting I|
|Principles Of Management I||Managerial Economics I|
|Quantitative Methods I||Principles of Management II|
BBA Subjects and BBA Syllabus - 3rd Semester
|BBA Subjects and BBA Syllabus - 4th Semester|
|Business Law II||Quantitative Methods in Business II|
|Business Environment||Effective Communication II|
|Family Business Management||Financial Management I|
|Management Accounting II||Human Resource Management II|
|Project Work||Managerial Economics II|
BBA Subjects and BBA Syllabus - 5th Semester
|BBA Subjects and BBA Syllabus - 6th Semester|
|BBA Course Subjects of Study||BBA Course Subjects of Study|
|Direct Taxes||Environment Management|
|Indirect Taxes||Export/Import Management|
|Marketing Management||International Marketing|
|Operations Management||Project Management|
|Research Methodology in Management||Public Relations Management|
Courses After BBA
The course is extremely applicable and admired all over the globe due to its skill enhancement features and the scope that it gives afterward but the course itself is not enough for the competition that students have to face today. Getting jobs has become very difficult and can cause Candidates to remain jobless for a long time.
If you only do a Bachelor's degree in any field then it may be difficult for you to gain a job rather than doing a course of certification or by doing a course of PG level you will receive way better income and a much better job as well.
Some Of The Highly Considered And Eligible Course After The Course Of BBA Are As Follows:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master in Economics
- Master in Blockchain Manag.
- Master in Digital Marketing
- PG Data Scientist course
- MBA Specializations
- MPhil in Finance
- PG Diploma in Manag. (PGDM)
- Chartered Accountant
- PGD in Banking
MBA course is the most authentic and the most efficient course that Candidates generally take up after the course of BBA. The specializations of this PG course allow Candidates to get the field of manager's post in their specific specialization such as an MBA product management course can allow the graduate to become a product manager.
These candidates handle the planning of products and execution of all matters in the product's lifecycle. MBA Sales Management gives the pupil heed or an upper hand in the companies at the team of Sales, they may become the Sales Manager, Marketing, or finance manager in any firm with this degree.
BBA can acquire your jobs but these would not be of the same level that is given after one completes their PG level course. Candidates of the course can even take up an Executive program in blockchain management. which gives a high base salary as it is a relatively new course and is in the demand for the companies as Blockchain is thriving.
If you want to honor, responsibility, authority, and work to go together then you can ever prepare for the Union Public Service Commission’s exam which allows a BBA student to gain jobs in the field of government sectors. UPSC exams are held on a yearly basis where the Candidates are selected on civil services exam mode the Candidates can gain jobs in Administrative service, police force, foreign service, or others after clearing the UPSC exam.
MBA After BBA Course
The course of MBA after BBA is typical and opted for choice, it also is highly convenient. The study promotes what Candidates learn over time and it focuses on giving them the same sort of learning strategies that they have had in BBA. This time it rather happens in a more in-depth way and practical way.
Some unis may ask for some experience but mainly Candidates who clear BBA with good enough scores min. 50% and a PG level entry exam clearance can get into the course of MBA in any uni. The areas of study that an MBA goes through are mainly Banking, finance, management, and commerce. Meanwhile taking the course and completing it takes 2 complete years.
Those who graduate can after it take up jobs in roles of the sales dept., business dev., HR, Finance, and commerce areas.
Jobs That Graduate Usually Take Up And Apply For Gaining A Stable Salary Are As Given Below:
- Financial manager
- Database administrator.
- Marketing manager
- Business operations manager
- Medical and health services manager
Though one should keep in mind that the MBA course is highly valuable only if the student has plans of working in a business-related field or the field of management, same as if they are planning to open up their own business. Candidates who are aspirants of other industries must not check out the course except if they want to pursue a leadership position in their field.
- General Management (General MBA)
- International Manag.
- Blockchain management.
- International business
- Operations Management
There are many more options and only a few are stated above. The course of an MBA can be pursued in any mode from full-time to part-time, distance to regular. There is leniency shown to all types and there is also the field of MBA online course.
The eligibility only remains to be a min. 50% total attained in the course of the Bachelor's degree, in our case BBA, the colleges of a high repute may req. Candidates to have attained by the least 60%. Meanwhile, an entrance exam at the PG level is a must at all levels.
The subjects of the course are core-meeting and strongly req. ones, they include marketing, operations, accounting, and economics, etc. the ever-growing demand of the industry and businesses are met with this course.
The subjects of the elective course or the specialization are also added to meet the professional needs of the Candidates. The MBA course is a complete study for the top positions that a company holds.
IGNOU BBA Course
The highly reputed institute of IGNOU provides the course of BBA at the level of UG and under the UG category of courses in the field of management. The course can be opted by the aspirants of the managerial course from the school of management studies IGNOU (SOMS IGNOU) dept.
The Institute Gives Out Two Main Specializations For The Course Which Include:
- BBA – Bachelors of Business admin. In Retailing
- BBA SM – Bachelors of Business admin. In-Service manage.
The entries for this course can be taken up by Candidates in the month of July only as it is held only once each year. The course at the institute is given out traditionally for 3 years and if a pupil wishes to extend it then it can go for six years of timespan.
The course of BBA SM at the institute is with the affiliation of the MKCL center. The Candidates of the course receive the best facilities due to this fact as it is a work-based innovative course for the degree.
The Candidates are rewarded and given a degree along with a work exp. Certificate when they complete the degree at IGNOU, Candidates for the year of 2021 can take up the session with ease through online form filling.
If Candidates At IGNOU Are Pursuing The Course Of BBARL (Retail) Then They Receive A Diploma Cert. Yearly For The Completion Of Each Year In Their Distance Education:
- Diploma in Retail (DIR) (1st yr)
- Adv. Diploma in Retail (ADIR) (2nd yr)
- Degree in BBARL (3rd yr)
Even if the Candidates can not complete the degree for some reason, they would still have a certain or diploma At hand that they can show in the future.
The entry process for aspirants of Category 1:
- Candidates must have cleared their 12th from a well-known board
- Personal interview clearance after selection on merit
- No set age limit can be found for the entry of new students
The entry process for aspirants of Category 2:
- Sponsored Candidates would req. their company’s letterhead for admission
- Intermediate must be passed by the aspirant
- Intermediate clearance must be from a known board
- Entry exam will be held for shortlisted candidates
- The age limit is min. 18 on the year of entry in the course
IGNOU BBA Admission Process
Each student must follow the process of entry to gain a fair entry into the course and must fulfill all the steps as instructed.
- Candidates will be judged on the basis of merit and interview
- The interview is held after which the merit list is put up on the site of IGNOU
- Candidates can take up the nearest and most convenient center for reporting
- Entry exam and interview will give out admission for Candidates
- MKCL entry exam will be held after the pupil qualifies for the entry in course
- Candidates that get an internship after the interview can then apply for the IGNOU course as well
- Candidates that already work with the company may first take consent then apply for entry exam, clear it, and apply to IGNOU entry.
- Confirmation will be sent to the selected Candidates by IGNOU
- The Candidates will be allotted an enrollment no. after which they will be enrolled in the course
Entry Exam For BBA (SM)
The entry exam for the course is held on an online basis and holds up to 50 questions that contribute to the student's 100 marks which means 2 marks for each question. There is no system kept for negative marking and the time given for the course will only be an hour.
The Candidates who do clear out the entry exam for the course will then be asked to fill up the preferences for workplaces that would be offered to them by the partners in industries.
GGSIPU/ IP uni offers the BBA course as well, it is also known as the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha Uni that was made and set up in the year 1998. The uni is an extremely high standard and has been known as the 95th best university in India.
The only req. that the uni puts up for Candidates to enter their course of BBA is that the students must have passed the grade of 12th from a recognized board and they must apply in the correct process. The fee for the course of BBA in IPU is up to INR 1,84,000 per annum.
BBA Course In BHU
BHU or well known as Banaras Hindu Uni also gives out the course of BBA as a course of 3 years under the level of UG. The months of May and June bring in the entry for the course of BBA in BHU. The pay of INR 500 must be paid by general Candidates while IRN 250 can be paid for reserved categories.
BHU BBA Course Eligibility:
- The student must be 10+2 cleared with 50% scores
- The entry exam of BHU UET must also be cleared with merit of 50% scores. Candidates of the reserved category will not be req. to meet the scores of merit rather they only have to clear the exam and should appear in the test
- The Candidates of PC and OBC will have the relaxation in their merit by 5% as total in entrance exam and min. eligibility req.
- General candidates will have to meet all strict req. by the uni
- The uni offers the course through practical and assignment work mostly and Candidates taking this course can graduate with thriving facilities and merit from BHU BBA. BHU also has an online course facility which the Candidates can enjoy if they live further or work with studies.
Table of Contents