Updated On - June 25th 2019, Updated By - Ravi
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani is an Indian Institute of higher education and a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. Pilani is most popular for Undergraduate course in Engineering, Science, and Management. This University has Non-Reservation policy for admission. This University campus located up to 328 acres area.
|University Name||Birla Institute of Technology & Science|
|Accredited by||ACU, UGC, NAAC, PCI, AIU|
|Rankings||India NIRF (2018)- 17|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Director||Prof. Ashoke Kumar Sarkar|
|Vice Chancellor||Souvik Bhattacharyya|
|Accommodation Facility||For both (Boys & Girls)|
|How to Reach||-|
|Wikipedia Page||Click Here|
Birla Institute of Technology and Science has established in 1964 it is the Deemed University. University provides the UG and PG courses. It provides education in various courses. University provides admission to national students and international students. If the candidate wants to takes the admission in and UG level course than candidate required to clear BITSAT Entrance exam. This exam is conducted by the university at the state level and national level. If the candidate is interested in PG courses than candidate required to clear the CAT/GMAT Entrance exam. For the admission in M.E. and M.Pharm candidate needs to clear the BITS entrance exam.
The BITS Pilani has offered the research level education and fully focused faculty with an outstanding academic background. and excellent and positive potential to achieve in research.
Step to fill the application form
- An applicant has to visit the official website.
- Students have to click on the link of admission page.
- while clicking on the admission page it will take you to another window page.
- Students have to select programs for admission.
- When you choose the courses to take a few mins to check all the criteria.
- Start filling the admission form step by step.
- Upload some document on the official website.
- Scanned the two passport size photo and signature.
- After that pay application fees online mode or students can also by pay by offline mode but it should be favor of University.
- End of the process students has to take some print of the admission receipt.
Eligibility criteria For UG & PG Courses
|BE||An applicant has to secured mark in science steam from the reputed education board.|
|B.Sc+ M.Sc||Students have to carry marks in science stream in 10th and 12th level from recognized education board.|
|Master of Engineering||An applicant has to secured marks in graduation level from reputed University.|
|Master of Pharmacy||Students have to secure a bachelors degree from University.|
|doctor of Philosophy||secured master degree from reputed University.|
B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology)
- B.E.(Hons.) Chemical Engineering
- B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science B.E.(Hons.) Civil Engineering
- B.E.(Hons.) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E.(Hons.) Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering-B.E.
- B.E in Civil Engineering
- B.Pharm. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
- B.E.(Hons.) Manufacturing Engineering
- B.E.(Hons.) Mechanical Engineering
- B.Pharm. (Hons.)
M.Tech. (Master of Technology)
- M.E in Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- M.E in Civil - Infrastructure Systems
- M.E in Civil - Transportation Engineering
- M.E in Chemical Engineering
- M.E in Civil - Structural Engineering
- M.E in Biotechnology
- M.E in Mechanical Engineering
- M.E in Microelectronics Engineering
- M.E in Communication Engineering
- M.E in Computer Science
- M.E. (Software Systems)
- M.E. Electrical (Power Electronics and Drives)
M.Sc. (Master of Science)
- M.Sc.(Hons.) in Chemistry
- M.Sc.(Hons.) Physics
- M.Sc.(Tech.) Information Systems
- M.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics
- M.Sc.(Hons.) Biological Sciences
- M.Sc.(Tech.) Engineering Technology
- M.Sc.(Tech.) General Studies
- M.Sc.(Tech.) Finance
- M.Sc. Economics
- M.Sc.(Hons.) in Economics
M.Pharm. (Master of Pharmacy)
- M. PharmacyM.Pharm. in Pharmaceutics
M.Phil. (Master of Philosophy)M.Phil. (Chemistry)
- M.Ed. (Master of Education)
- M.E in Design Engineering
- University was established in 1964 and it is the Deemed University.
- University is approved by the NAAC with "A" Grade.
- University has a central library for all department where 20,000 Electronic Resources and 3,000 Current Journals are available.
- University has 12 hostels on campus, 1 for the girls and 12 for the boys.
- This university has 3 branches. Two branches are available in India and 1 branch is in Dubai.
- University has the 15 academic departments and it is located at 328 Acres.
Birla Institute of Technology & Science library spread up to 65000 Sq.ft. This University offered various kind of books national level as well as International level.
This University has 11 hostels for boys in different places such as for girls there has one hostel.
University provides the 100% placement to all students. This University placement department is responsible for placement and train the students before to appear for an interview. Opportunities are given to companies from all over the country or from India to the applicants. Many organization provides job opportunities for all the students every year. Working hard for all the students is for jobs placement.
Placement processes will be held after the examination or else after the semester. Many companies are visiting the University campus for placement opportunity. Most of the company organized inextricable round for students which is students have to cross it. Most of the applicant selected for jobs placement in a different sector.
Recruitment in BITS Pilani
- BRAVO LUCY
- BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS
- CA TECHNOLOGIES
- CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS
- CREDIT SUISSE BUSINESS ANALYTICS
- ENGINEERS INDIA LTD (EIL)
- ERICSSON INDIA PVT LTD
- B & S ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS
- BAIN & COMPANY INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
- BRAHMOS AEROSPACE
- CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL SERVICES
- CHAMBAL FERTILISERS AND CHEMICALS LIMITED
- FIORANO SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD
University provides the 100% scholarship to the students. University gives the merit-cum scholarship according to the previous qualification record. University arranges the loan from any bank if any students want to higher education.
Award and Ranking
Ranking:- India NIRF (2018)- 17
|Prabhat N. Jha||HEAD OF DEPARTMENT, DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES|
|Dr. Hare Krishna Mohanta||HEAD OF DEPARTMENT AND ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING|
|Ashish Kumar Das||PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES|
|Dr. Dalip Kumar||PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY|
|Prof. Ravi Kant Mittal||HEAD OF DEPARTMENT AND ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING|
|Prof. Ashoke Kumar Sarkar||SENIOR PROFESSOR & DIRECTOR, DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING|
|Dr. Arvind Kumar Sharma||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING|
|Dr. Bharti Khungar||HEAD OF DEPARTMENT AND ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY|
Address:- VidyaVihar Campus, street number 41, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031
- Ladnun, Rajasthan
- NAAC-A, UGC
- Deemed To Be University
- Bikaner, Rajasthan
- State Universities
- 97 by NIRF
- Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Private University
- Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- State Universities
Table of Contents
- IGNOU Extends July 2019 Admission Registration Dea... SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2019
- Symbiosis International University declared the r... JANUARY 11TH, 2019
- Admission 2019 JULY 26TH, 2018
- Jamia Millia Islamia celebtated National Science D... MARCH 4TH, 2019
- MD Unani scholar DR Sana Nafees gets CC Kartha Awa... MARCH 4TH, 2019