Updated On - March 20th 2023, Updated By - Aksh
CET Trivandrum Admission 2023: College of Engineering Trivandrum will commence the admission process for bachelor's and master's degrees in the month of June for the July 2023 session. The online application forms will release on CET Trivandrum's official admission portal. In every area of engineering education, the institution strives for national-level excellence and global recognition. As one of India's top engineering colleges, the institution has retained its standing. It has established its preeminence in extracurricular and academic activities.
The Maharaja of Travancore, Sree Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, founded the Trivandrum College of Engineering in 1939. In the then-Travancore State, it was the first engineering college. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram is associated with the college's architectural department, which has also been approved by NBA and is linked with the University of Kerala. The AICTE gave it its approval.
College of Engineering Trivandrum Admission Updates 2023
- The online application form for UG and PG courses at CET Trivandrum will be released in June 2023.
- JEE Session 2 examination will be held between 06 April 2023 - 12 April 2023 for BArch admission at CET Trivandrum. Source
CET Trivandrum Admission 2023
CET Trivandrum Admission 2023 will start in June 2023 for Various UG and PG courses such as BTech, BArch, Mtech, MCA, MBA, etc. The College of Engineering in Trivandrum provides undergraduate B.Tech and B.Arch degrees as well as M.Tech and M.Plan Additionally, the college provides both full-time and part-time MBA and MCA degrees.
- Admission to the B.Tech and B.Arch programmes is done through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, whereas admission to the M.Tech. programme is done by the KEAM, Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination, and NATA, GATE, respectively.
- The Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Exams, a department of the Keralan government, administers the Kerala MCA Entrance Examination for admission to the MCA programme.
- Selection to the MBA programme is made through the CAT exams offered by the IIMs, the CMAT exams offered by the AICTE, and the KMAT Kerala exams.
In engineering, computer applications, and architecture, the institution provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses. Each year, admissions to these programmes are held at the Trivandrum College of Engineering.
CET Trivandrum B.Tech and B.Arch Admission 2023
Candidates can pursue a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) or a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) degree at the undergraduate level through the College of Engineering in Trivandrum. The college also offers a lateral entry B.Tech degree and offers a part-time B.Tech programme for working people.
The Government of Kerala's KEAM entrance exam is used for admission to the B.Tech programme, whilst the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations uses the scores from the State level entrance exam for admission to the B.Tech lateral programme. The National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NATA),which administers the B.Arch programme, handles admissions.
- The Directorate of Technical Education's common rank list for LET Admission will be used to fill all open seats under the Lateral Entry plan.
- In aided engineering colleges, 15% of the seats available for lateral entry are designated as management seats, with the remaining 85% being allocated as government seats.
- As per custom, candidates from the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) and the SC/ST category would be given preference.
- For candidates with physical disabilities, 3% of seats are set aside. Candidates requesting a reservation under the physical disability quota must be at least 40% impaired.
- For the defence quota, there is a designated seat for each of the following branches: Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, and Information Technology.
CET Trivandrum M.Tech Admission 2023
The College of Engineering in Trivandrum provides two technical postgraduate programmes leading to the degrees of Master of Technology (M.Tech) and Master of Planning abbreviated as M.Plan. The 3-year course of study for the M.Tech degree is also available on a part-time basis.
For admission to the M.Tech programme, candidates must have earned a minimum of 60% overall in their undergraduate studies. It is sufficient for SC/ST applicants to pass the Engineering Degree course. For SEBC/OBC students, a minimum cumulative score of 54% is required for the Engineering Degree test. Candidates may apply if they have received at least a 55% passing grade on the AMIE or AMIETE exams.
Candidates will be chosen for the M.Tech. and M.Plan. programmes based on their GATE scores.
CET Trivandrum M.Tech Admission Process
- In the event of a tie, preference will be given to applicants with the highest cumulative marks up through the sixth semester of their qualifying test.
- Candidates from Kerala State without a valid GATE scorecard will be taken into consideration for any positions that remain open owing to a lack of candidates possessing such credentials. Candidates from other states will be taken into consideration for admission if seats are still available.
- For applicants from socially and educationally disadvantaged classes, 5% of seats are set aside (SEBC).
- According to the state's general reservation guidelines, SC/ST candidates are eligible for 15% of the seats.
- There are 3% of seats set aside for applicants with physical disabilities.
- The management institutions themselves will fill 15% of the management quota seats at TKM College of Engineering in Kollam, MA College of Engineering in Kothamangalam, and NSS College of Engineering in Palakkad.
- If any sponsored seats go unfilled, It can be converted to merit based seats to allocate, and the colleges themselves can fill the above-mentioned positions by issuing separate invitations to applicants from among those appearing on the exam which is published by the Director of Technical Education on the basis of merit and reservation policy.
CET Trivandrum MCA and MBA Admission 2023
The College of Engineering also provides postgraduate programmes leading to the degrees of MBA and MCA, in addition to the technical programmes. The MCA programme lasts 3-years, compared to the MBA program's two years. The college also offers a part-time MBA programme for working individuals.
Candidates for the MBA Program must hold a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% in the Part III aggregate (for BA, B.Com and B.Sc candidates) and 50% in the aggregate marks (for all other degrees). Those who have earned a Master's degree with a 50% average are also eligible. For SC/ST candidates, passing the qualifying exam is sufficient.
An applicant should have a valid CMAT/CAT/KMAT score before applying for admission to the MBA programme. For a group discussion and an interview, short-listed candidates will be contacted. The performance in the group discussion and the personal interview are factored towards the admission score, together with the CMAT, KMAT, and CAT scores.
Following are the weightage assigned:
- 80% of valid CMAT, KMAT, or CAT scores
- 10% performance in GD
- 10 percent for interview performance
Candidates should meet the following requirements and criteria in order to be considered for admission to the MBA Evening (part-time) programme:
- A passing grade of 50% or above on the degree-level test from a university.
- Working as a full-time worker for a company.
- An acceptable CMAT, CAT, or KMAT score.
Candidates must take an entrance exam in order to be accepted into the MBA part-time programme. Candidates will be contacted for an interview and a group discussion based on their admission exam results. The final decision will be made based on the candidates' cumulative admission scores, which are calculated by summing the marks earned in the entrance exam, qualifying examination, group discussion, and interview, as well as for any work experience, in accordance with the current standards and regulations.
Candidates for the MCA programme must have a bachelor's degree in computer applications or a related field with mathematics in order to be accepted. There are 30 slots available for admission to the MCA programme. The Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Exams, a department of the Keralan government, administers an entrance test for admission to the MCA programme.
CET Trivandrum Admission Process 2023
- The college website has an application form that may be downloaded.
- To acquire an application form for the MBA programme, send a demand draft in the amount of Rs. 600 (by mail) or Rs. 500 (Physically) made out to CET School of Management and payable in Trivandrum.
- Filling out an online application for the M.Tech programme requires login into the website.
- Extra care must be used while filling out each section of the application since this data is utilized to create the rank list. Following online application submission, a Rs. 500 application fee (or Rs. 100 for SC/ST candidates) must be paid at any designated State Bank of Travancore branch.
- The Principal, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, should receive a printout of the completed application along with copies of the necessary papers that have been self-attested.
CET Trivandrum Ranking
- College of Engineering Trivandrum got 110th place in Nirf ranking 2022.
- The College is AICTE and NBA approved.
CET Trivandrum Placements
The College of Engineering, Trivandrum's placement unit strives to link students' objectives with employers' demands. 800+ placement offers have already been given as part of its 2022 placement push. The placement drive is currently 60% complete. The pay packages for 250+ students totalled INR 6 LPA and more. The campus received 150+ recruiters. Oracle, Wipro, KPMG, Deloitte, Larsen & Toubro, and other significant employers were among the top recruiters.
CET Trivandrum Admission Contact Details
- Address: College of Engineering Trivandrum, Engineering College P.O, Sreekaryam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala PIN 695016
- Phone: 0471 2515502
- Email: email@example.com
Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now
Apply Now Apply Now
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Kozhikode, Kerala
- Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
- Hooghly, West Bengal
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- New Delhi, Delhi
- Malda, West Bengal
- Kolkata, West Bengal
- NAAC, UGC
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- NAAC-A, UGC
- Pune, Maharashtra
- Dibrugarh, Assam
- Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Periyar, Kerala
- Thiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu
- Pune, Maharashtra
- AICTE, NAAC
- Mysore, Karnataka
- Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Birbhum, West Bengal
- NAAC-B, UGC
|BA Admission||Apply Now|
|BBA Admission||Apply Now|
|BCA Admission||Apply Now|
|B.Sc Admission||Apply Now|
|B.Com Admission||Apply Now|
|MCA Admission||Apply Now|
|MBA Admission||Apply Now|
|MA Admission||Apply Now|
|M.Sc Admission||Apply Now|
|M.com Admission||Apply Now|
Table of Contents
- BU Bhopal Notification 2023 www.bubhopal.ac.in › M... JANUARY 21ST, 2023
- IGNOU Re-Registration Date JANUARY 16TH, 2023
- IGNOU Re-Registration JANUARY 2ND, 2023
- CUET 2023 PG Registration DECEMBER 20TH, 2022
- CLAT Result 2023 DECEMBER 19TH, 2022