Updated On - July 24th 2019, Updated By - Madhumita
Central Agricultural University is an agricultural University at Iroisemba, Imphal in the Indian state of Manipur. It is a Central University. This University is famous in Manipur. The Central Agricultural University was established by an act of Parliament, the Act 1992. This Central Agricultural University organized by University grants commission and it was founded in 1993 years.
|University Name||Central Agricultural University|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Dean||Dr. Lalnuntluangi Hmar|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. M. Premjit Singh|
|Accommodation Facility||For both (Boys & Girls)|
|How to Reach||-|
|Wikipedia Page||Click Here|
|Registration form||Click Here|
Central Agricultural University (CAU) offers courses to aspirants at undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) level. The Central Agricultural University Act, 1992 (No.40 of 1992). Programs offered at CAU are in Science stream. The University comprises of seven colleges which include a College of Postgraduate studies. students who are interested they can get admission to the University if they are eligible. This University admission done on the basis of Merit list marks and the marks are consist form entrance examination.
Admission to B.V.Sc.
|Date of Examination||25 July 2019|
|Syllabus for the test||The question papers for the test shall be based on a 10+2 level syllabus|
|Declaration of Result||27 July 2019|
|Counselling and Admission of Selected Candidates||1 August 2019|
|Examination Center||College of Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry, |
Selesih, Aizawl, Mizoram - 796015
180 objective type questions will be asked (Four options with the single correct answer from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology). Students have to write their answer with ball pens.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Biology (Zoology & Botany)||90||360|
Admission Procedure for Undergraduate Candidates
The Present intake capacity is 67 students per annum. Admission to UG Courses is the basis of competitive entrance examination conducted by them for the Admission. 50% Fifteen percent of total seats are reserved for the candidates nominated by the Veterinary Council of India, New Delhi on All India Competitive Examination (A.I.C.E) for Admission to B.V.Sc.& A.H. Degree program. The Reservations of Various categories are as adopted by the respective State Government and the University in view of the directives received from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. Of India.
Admission Process for Postgraduate Courses
Admission to Postgraduate (M.V.Sc.) program is based on the merit of the students in the qualifying examinations and is open to all India basis. However, performance is given to the Students of the North-Eastern Hill region. for Twenty-Five percent of the seats, the candidate is nominated by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi (ICAR) on the basis of All India JRF/PG entrance test.
Official Website:- https://www.cau.ac.in/
Admission Procedure for P.Hd Programs
Admission in Ph.D. programs will be on the basis of Entrance Test, Academic Records, and Interview. The written entrance test shall be conducted at the College of Postgraduate Studies, Umiam (Barapani),Meghalaya and the Dean of the College shall act as Coordinator of the test.
- The College is connected to the Internet through V-SAT. Twenty computers are available in the Computer Laboratory attached to the Department of Animal Genetics & Breeding. The Computer Laboratory is provided with a 10 KVA online UPS for 24 hours power back-up.
- The College has 4 Hostels for Undergraduate students, 2 each for boys’ and girls’ with a total capacity of 138 boys and 112 girls, respectively. All the hostels are fully furnished and have sufficient recreational facilities.
- The College has a well-furnished Guesthouse with 2 VIP Suites and 7 Deluxe (Double-bedded) rooms. The Guest House has a spacious Dining Room and a furnished Conference Room. It is also housing the Vice-Chancellor’s Camp Office.
- The College has a good collection of reading materials in the form of books, journals, bulletins, etc. It subscribes to 32 National Journals and 14 International Journals. Library procures the latest edition of books/publications from different sources.
The College has a modern and state-of-the-art sports and gymnasium complex to cater to the needs of students and the staff. A small playground is also available for outdoor games within the Sports Complex. Development of a football ground behind the Boys’ Hostel is in progress.
Central Agricultural University Manipal Scholarship
The provides a scholarship to the students through Ishan Uday Scheme. Those students belong rural area in the eastern region and get passed 10+2 examination from any discipline of the northeastern region. The amount of INR Rs.5400/ p.m for general degree courses and Those candidate doing technical & professional courses got INR Rs.7800/- per month. The scholarship will be arranged by the merit list. The University also provides the scholarships to meritorious students. The main purpose of a scholarship is to basically give an opportunity for an extraordinary talent student
Note:- The Parent/Guardian income not more than Rs.4.5 lakhs per annum.
COLLEGE OF VETERINARY SCIENCES & ANIMAL HUSBANDRY
- Address: Selesih, Aizawl - Mizoram, India
- Pin code: 796014
- Website: https://www.cau.ac.in/
Table of Contents
- Utkal University Celebrating Platinum Jubilee 75th... AUGUST 6TH, 2018
- BU Bhopal Notification 2019 www.bubhopal.ac.in › M... NOVEMBER 26TH, 2019
- IGNOU Extends July 2019 Admission Registration Dea... SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2019
- Symbiosis International University declared the r... JANUARY 11TH, 2019
- Admission 2019 JULY 26TH, 2018