85% of admissions in 2022 will be based on Common Universities Entrance Test scores, says St Stephen's.

Delhi University's St Stephen's College announced that admission will be based on 85% of CUET scores and 15% of interview marks, not what the university has directed. Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Singh had recently said that CUET scores should be considered for all general seats. In contrast, for minority seats, it can hold interviews and assign 85% weightage to CUET scores and the rest to interviews.

In an interview, the Delhi University Vice-Chancellor said that he was not informed of St Stephen's College's decision to give a 15% weight to interviews across all applicants for admission to the academic session 2022-23. College officials also stated that they retain the right to proceed with admissions based on the policies guaranteed to minority institutions. The Educational Council of Delhi University approved the minutes of its Standing Committee meeting on 22 March 2022.

CUET will handle admissions from all minority faculties affiliated with Delhi University (including St Stephen's and Jesus and Mary Colleges). Students interested in getting into the college should also apply through the college's UG admission portal and register for CUET.

The registration process for CUET is currently underway, so we still have plenty of time to get there. The official said, "We will take care of the problem." However, C Singh clarified that admissions to the overall seats must be based solely on CUET scores. If there are still 50% reserved seats, they may move forward with a ratio of 85:15.

All the articles on this website are published in good faith and for general awareness and information purpose only. We do not claim any accuracy and rightness of the information which is available on the Education Dunia. Although, every possible attempt is made to make sure that the content is not deceptive. In case any inaccuracy or otherwise improper,Anyone can is sighted on the website, please report it at feedback@educationdunia.com from official mail Id or domain Id only. Mails from Gmail ids will not be considered.