85% of admissions in 2022 will be based on Common Universities Entrance Test scores, says St Stephen's.
Delhi University's St Stephen's College announced that admission will be based on 85% of CUET scores and 15% of interview marks, not what the university has directed. Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Singh had recently said that CUET scores should be considered for all general seats. In contrast, for minority seats, it can hold interviews and assign 85% weightage to CUET scores and the rest to interviews.
In an interview, the Delhi University Vice-Chancellor said that he was not informed of St Stephen's College's decision to give a 15% weight to interviews across all applicants for admission to the academic session 2022-23. College officials also stated that they retain the right to proceed with admissions based on the policies guaranteed to minority institutions. The Educational Council of Delhi University approved the minutes of its Standing Committee meeting on 22 March 2022.
CUET will handle admissions from all minority faculties affiliated with Delhi University (including St Stephen's and Jesus and Mary Colleges). Students interested in getting into the college should also apply through the college's UG admission portal and register for CUET.
The registration process for CUET is currently underway, so we still have plenty of time to get there. The official said, "We will take care of the problem." However, C Singh clarified that admissions to the overall seats must be based solely on CUET scores. If there are still 50% reserved seats, they may move forward with a ratio of 85:15.
The latest news & events from the EducationDunia.com
- CUET UG 2022 Registration Last date is Extended... MAY 6TH, 2022
- BU Bhopal Notification 2022 www.bubhopal.ac.in › M... NOVEMBER 26TH, 2019
- UGC Chairman M. Jagadesh Kumar told the print that... APRIL 22ND, 2022
- Yogi Aditiyanath announced that NEET would be a re... APRIL 21ST, 2022
- There are about 1 lakh applicants for UG Entrance... APRIL 19TH, 2022
- IGNOU has extended the deadline for taking the BEd... APRIL 16TH, 2022
- 85% of admissions in 2022 will be based on Common... APRIL 15TH, 2022
- According to St Stephen's, the CUET score will be... APRIL 14TH, 2022
- The University of Jamia Millia Islamia will accept... APRIL 13TH, 2022
- Tamil Nadu Assembly urges the Centre to withdraw t... APRIL 12TH, 2022
- Applications should be started by registering at c... APRIL 9TH, 2022
- University Entrance Test Scores Accepted By CUCET... JANUARY 28TH, 2022
- All eligible students are notified of admission to... APRIL 7TH, 2022
- Ashoka University last date of admission announced JANUARY 25TH, 2022
- IGNOU Re Registration date Extended JANUARY 17TH, 2022
- Online MBA Programme Launch by IGNOU JANUARY 12TH, 2022
- NTA -Released IIFT MBA Program Results! FEBRUARY 1ST, 2022
- Diploma and Degrees offered by the Ed-Tech Compani... JANUARY 31ST, 2022
- The Anna University semester exam schedule is rele... JANUARY 28TH, 2022
- BHU RET 2022: Registration process for begins on b... JANUARY 28TH, 2022