Delhi University to relook at Admission Formula After 100% Cut-offs
Delhi University admission always has a target point for the critics due to the unrealistic and high cut-offs. The criteria for admission to the DU have been increasing year by year, making it harder for the students aspiring to get admission to the university. The cut-off for most colleges under DU sometimes remains at 100%, which is barely impossible to reach for most students.
Many state boards complain to DU for the higher cut-offs as it makes it more difficult for the students coming from different state boards as the CBSE students benefit from an "easier marking process." The university is looking to bring some changes to the admission system so that it can bring down the eligibility criteria for admission to the university. The university has called for an academic council meeting on 10 December 2021 to call for the next year's admission process.
The university is planning to implement many alternatives like bringing the entrance test procedure or adopting a module where state board marks and entrance test marks will be considered the formula for admission. An alternative idea for the admission process is to bring "normalization of various boards." An example of this process in the early stage admission of the Birla Institute of Technology.
In the admission process of the academic session 2021-22, the minimum requiring percentage mark was 100% for 8 colleges of DU.
The latest news & events from the EducationDunia.com
- NEET UG Counselling 2021 Registration Process will... JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- Last date SEED 2022 Registration JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- SRMJEEE Result 2022 Declared Phase 1 JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- Kerala University PG Final Phase allotment JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- JNU MBA Admission 2022-24 Application Process JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- The IIM Ahmedabad has a virtual conference for ePG... JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- Lucknow University, Affiliated Colleges are closed... JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- The Dibrugarh University gains ISO certification JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- Scientists at the IIT-BHU develop new charging tec... JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- Answer key for UCEED 2022 to be released on Januar... JANUARY 24TH, 2022
- IIM Udaipur Is Giving Startup Innovation Grants to... JANUARY 22ND, 2022
- Allahabad University open admission building from... JANUARY 21ST, 2022
- new PG program announces by Banaras Hindu Universi... JANUARY 21ST, 2022
- Colleges in Puducherry will be closed till January... JANUARY 21ST, 2022
- Shiv Nadar University Launches BTech Course for ac... JANUARY 21ST, 2022
- The ICMAI CMA Foundation 2021 exam result have bee... JANUARY 21ST, 2022
- IIM Ahmedabad has changed the criteria for getting... JANUARY 21ST, 2022
- Osmania University will be closed till January 30... JANUARY 21ST, 2022
- Mains (Feb) With assembly elections and rising cov... JANUARY 21ST, 2022
- BHU Starts a new Hindu Studies Course JANUARY 21ST, 2022