Updated On - December 31st 2021, Updated By - Neema Bisht
Sikkim University presently located in the capital town of Sikkim operates from several hired buildings located along NH-10.
The University was started in 2006 and is located in Gangtok, Sikkim. It has received 61 ranks by NIRF, and by NAAC, it is accredited with a ‘B’ grade. With an aim of imparting knowledge in diverse fields such as Human Sciences, Languages, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Social Science. There are 6 schools available with 32 departments. Various programmes are offered at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
Apart from this, students are awarded scholarships. It has facilities such as Central Library, Guest House, Gymnasium, Guest House, Transportation and Internet Wifi. Students can obtain information related to the university through the official website @www.cus.ac.in
Sikkim University Highlights
|University Name||Sikkim University|
|Accredited by||UGC, NAAC-B|
|Rankings||India NIRF 2018- (Rank-band: 151-200)|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Chancellor||Lt. Gen. (Dr.) D.B. Shekatkar|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Avinash Khare|
|Accommodation Facility||For both (Boys & Girls)|
|Wikipedia Page||Click Here|
Sikkim University Admission 2022-23
The University provides educational courses through its various streams like Dept. of Social System and Anthropology, Dept. of Peace and Conflict Studies and Management, etc. It also offers traditional courses in humanities, physical and life sciences, and forestry Non-traditional courses. The Admission to UG and PG Programs is the basis of the Central Admission Test(CAT). The Candidate must be secure 50% marks out of 100 questions. The Merit List will be declared based on the CAT Entrance Exam. The result will be declared on the official website of the University.
Those candidates who want to take admission can fill the application form online through the university's official website @www.cus.ac.in.
For more information related to Sikkim University Admission 2022-23. Click here
How to Apply at Sikkim University?
- To apply for the Admission form, the Candidate must visit the @www.cus.ac.in
- The candidate must fill up all the required fields which are necessary for the admission purpose and before submitting the form please read all instructions.
- The students need to click the apply button go through the application process.
- Candidate can make a payment of application form through Debit/Credit Cares of Rs.700 for General and Rs.350 for the ST/SC/OBC/PWD Category.
- The candidates need to click on the admissions links on the home page then read admissions notice department details, course duration, vacancy status, minimum eligibility criteria, etc.
Sikkim University Eligibility Criteria
|[BA] BACHELOR OF ARTS||10+2 from a reputed educational board||merit-based|
|[MBA] MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||2 years having four-six semester||Merit-based|
|(MA) MASTER OF ARTS||2 years having four-six semester||Merit-Based|
|[M.COM] MASTER OF COMMERCE||2 years having four-six semester postgraduates course||Merit-Based|
|[M.C.A] MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS||3 years having four-six semester postgraduates course||Merit-Based|
Sikkim University-Main Feature
- MoU with Hiroshima University Japan and VV Giri National Labour Institute, Noida.
The University has 6 schools with 32 departments.
- The University wants to educate and train manpower for the development of the Nation or State of Sikkim.
- The Sikkim University has a total of 8 hostels among them 4 hostels for Boys and 4 hostels for girls with all modern facilities like Mess, TV, Laundry Services, and Common room, etc.
- The Sikkim University has Central Library in a large spacious around 9000 sq. ft and it contains more than 70,000 books. This library adopted new technologies to multiply and simplify the services to its users.
List of UG courses:
Class XII with 45% Marks
Passed Class XII with 45% marks
Class XII Science with 45% marks
Class XII with 45 % in Biology / Botany and Zoology/ Horticulture / Agriculture/ (weight will be given for +2 & 10th Sc. marks in 70:30 ratio.)
Passed Class XII with 45% marks
Class XII passed with 40% marks in any stream
Specialization Course Information:
BA Hons. in Bhutia.
Hons graduate with 40% or 56% for Pass graduate from any recognized university.
B.A. Chinese with 50% marks.
BA Hons in Economics with 50 % for General and 45 % marks for SC/ST/ OBC.
Hons. Graduate in any subject with 40% or 56 % for Pass Graduate.
Hons graduate with 40 % marks or Postgraduate with 56% mark
Hons graduate with 40% or 56% for Pass graduate from any recognized university
The University provides scholarships for UG/PG students of Sikkim University for Meri-cum Means in the prescribed format. Those candidates have secured 55%(50% for SC, ST, and OBC) in the qualifying exam as well as last semesters. The University also provides scholarships to belonging SC/ST or who parent/guardian have less income than Rs.60,000/ per year and not receiving other scholarships or financial support from any other source are eligible to apply for scholarship form.
The Fellowship will be awarded under the following category.
- The candidate gets a Fellowship of Rs.3000/ per Month.
- The Candidate gets Free-ship full tuition and laboratory fee waiver off.
- The University also provides Half-Sheep 50% tuition fee and laboratory fee waiver off.
Placement in Sikkim University
University also places the candidates in various companies. This university invites from the university side. University provides all information to the candidate about the companies. Companies hire candidates for a good package.
Top Recruiting Companies
- BHARAT HEAVY ELECTRICALS LTD
- NOVARTIS PHARMA AG
- GODREJ & BOYCE
- TECH MAHINDRA MAHINDRA SATYAM
- WNS GROUP
- ZYDUS CADILA LTD
- CIPLA LIMITED
- AXIS BANK
- GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICAL LTD
- TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS
- ZYDUS CADILA LTD.
University Faculty Details
Dr. Kabita Lama
Associate Professor, Department Of Nepali
Dr. S. Manivannan
Associate Professor, Department Of Horticulture
Dr. Hare Krishna Tiwari
Associate Professor, Department Of Microbiology
Dr. Dhriti Roy
Assistant Professor, Department Of Chinese
Dr. Shailendra Kumar
Assistant Professor, Department Of Management
Ms. Niharika Buragohain
Assistant Professor, Department Of Mass Communication
Dr. Durga Prasad Chhetri
Associate Professor, Department Of Political Science
Dr. Bhoj Kumar Acharya
Assistant Professor, Department Of Zoology
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Ranjan
Assistant Professor, Department Of Geology
Sikkim University 6th mile, Samdur, P. O.: Tadong-737102 Gangtok, Sikkim
- Malabassey, Sikkim
- Private University
|B.Tech Admission||Apply Now|
|BA Admission||Apply Now|
|BBA Admission||Apply Now|
|BCA Admission||Apply Now|
|B.Sc Admission||Apply Now|
|B.Com Admission||Apply Now|
|MCA Admission||Apply Now|
|MBA Admission||Apply Now|
|MA Admission||Apply Now|
|M.Sc Admission||Apply Now|
|M.com Admission||Apply Now|
Table of Contents
- NEET UG 2022- Examination Reschedules Requests fro... JUNE 27TH, 2022
- BU Bhopal Notification 2022 www.bubhopal.ac.in › M... NOVEMBER 26TH, 2019
- Andhra Pradesh released the PGCET 2022 application... JUNE 23RD, 2022
- Today’s BSEH Haryana declared the open School 10... JUNE 22ND, 2022
- NEET-UG 2022 has reopened correction Window JUNE 16TH, 2022