Updated On - July 22nd 2021, Updated By - Danish
Sikkim University presently located at Gangtok, the capital town of Sikkim operates from several hired buildings located along NH-10. The main administrative office of the University is located at Samdur, 6th Mile, Tadong. Sikkim University was established in 2006. It is a government university in Gangtok. This university was organized by the university grants commission.
Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now
The mission of this university is to provide quality higher education that helps students properly grow their careers and make the university proud.
|University Name||Sikkim University|
|Accredited by||UGC, NAAC-B|
|Rankings||India NIRF 2018- (Rank-band: 151-200)|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Chancellor||Lt. Gen. (Dr.) D.B. Shekatkar|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Avinash Khare|
|Accommodation Facility||For both (Boys & Girls)|
|Wikipedia Page||Click Here|
Sikkim University Updates
- Admission is Open for all courses Session 2021-22, Candidates can fill the application form online. here
- The last date to fill an application form is 31 July 2021. Click here
- Sikkim University: Visual Guidelines for the New Registration Check details
Sikkim University Admission 2021-22
The University provides educational courses through its various streams like Dept of Social System and Anthropology, Dept of Peace and Conflict Studies and Management, etc. It also offers traditional courses in humanities, physical and life sciences, and forestry Non-traditional courses. The Admission to UG and PG Programs is the basis of the Central Admission Test(CAT). The Candidate must be secure 50% marks out of 100 questions. The Merit List will be declared based on the CAT Entrance Exam. The result will be declared on the official website of the University.
Those candidates who want to take admission can fill the application form online through the university's official website.
For more information related to Sikkim University Admission 2021-22. Click here
How to Apply at Sikkim University?
- To apply for the Admission form, the Candidate must visit the Official website of the University.
- The candidate must fill up all the required fields which are necessary for the admission purpose and before submitting the form please read all instructions.
- The students need to click the apply button go through the application process.
- Candidate can make a payment of application form through Debit/Credit Cares of Rs.700 for General and Rs.350 for the ST/SC/OBC/PWD Category.
- The candidates need to click on the admissions links on the home page then read admissions notice department details, course duration, vacancy status, minimum eligibility criteria, etc.
Sikkim University Eligibility Criteria
|[BA] BACHELOR OF ARTS||10+2 from a reputed educational board||merit-based|
|[MBA] MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||2 years having four-six semester||Merit-based|
|(MA) MASTER OF ARTS||2 years having four-six semester||Merit-Based|
|[M.COM] MASTER OF COMMERCE||2 years having four-six semester postgraduates course||Merit-Based|
|[M.C.A] MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS||3 years having four-six semester postgraduates course||Merit-Based|
Sikkim University-Main Feature
- MoU with Hiroshima University Japan and VV Giri National Labour Institute, Noida.
The University has 6 schools with 32 departments.
- The University wants to educate and train manpower for the development of the Nation or State of Sikkim.
- The Sikkim University has a total of 8 hostels among them 4 hostels for Boys and 4 hostels for girls with all modern facilities like Mess, TV, Laundry Services, and Common room, etc.
- The Sikkim University has Central Library in a large spacious around 9000 sq. ft and it contains more than 70,000 books. This library adopted new technologies to multiply and simplify the services to its users.
List of UG courses:
Class XII with 45% Marks
Passed Class XII with 45% marks
Class XII Science with 45% marks
Class XII with 45 % in Biology / Botany and Zoology/ Horticulture / Agriculture/ (weight will be given for +2 & 10th Sc. marks in 70:30 ratio.)
Passed Class XII with 45% marks
Class XII passed with 40% marks in any stream
Specialization Course Information:
BA Hons. in Bhutia.
Hons graduate with 40% or 56% for Pass graduate from any recognized university.
B.A. Chinese with 50% marks.
BA Hons in Economics with 50 % for General and 45 % marks for SC/ST/ OBC.
Hons. Graduate in any subject with 40% or 56 % for Pass Graduate.
Hons graduate with 40 % marks or Postgraduate with 56% mark
Hons graduate with 40% or 56% for Pass graduate from any recognized university
The University provides scholarships for UG/PG students of Sikkim University for Meri-cum Means in the prescribed format. Those candidates have secured 55%(50% for SC, ST, and OBC) in the qualifying exam as well as last semesters. The University also provides scholarships to belonging SC/ST or who parent/guardian have less income than Rs.60,000/ per year and not receiving other scholarships or financial support from any other source are eligible to apply for scholarship form.
The Fellowship will be awarded under the following category.
- The candidate gets a Fellowship of Rs.3000/ per Month.
- The Candidate gets Free-ship full tuition and laboratory fee waiver off.
- The University also provides Half-Sheep 50% tuition fee and laboratory fee waiver off.
Placement in Sikkim University
University also places the candidates in various companies. This university invites from the university side. University provides all information to the candidate about the companies. Companies hire candidates for a good package.
Top Recruiting Companies
- BHARAT HEAVY ELECTRICALS LTD
- NOVARTIS PHARMA AG
- GODREJ & BOYCE
- TECH MAHINDRA MAHINDRA SATYAM
- WNS GROUP
- ZYDUS CADILA LTD
- CIPLA LIMITED
- AXIS BANK
- GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICAL LTD
- TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS
- ZYDUS CADILA LTD.
University Faculty Details
Dr. Kabita Lama
Associate Professor, Department Of Nepali
Dr. S. Manivannan
Associate Professor, Department Of Horticulture
Dr. Hare Krishna Tiwari
Associate Professor, Department Of Microbiology
Dr. Dhriti Roy
Assistant Professor, Department Of Chinese
Dr. Shailendra Kumar
Assistant Professor, Department Of Management
Ms. Niharika Buragohain
Assistant Professor, Department Of Mass Communication
Dr. Durga Prasad Chhetri
Associate Professor, Department Of Political Science
Dr. Bhoj Kumar Acharya
Assistant Professor, Department Of Zoology
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Ranjan
Assistant Professor, Department Of Geology
Sikkim University 6th mile, Samdur, P. O.: Tadong-737102 Gangtok, Sikkim
Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now Apply Now
M.Sc Admission 2021
MA Admission 2021
M.Com Admission 2021
MBBS Admission 2021
Apply Now Apply Now
- Malabassey, Sikkim
- Private University
|B.Tech Admission||Apply Now|
|BA Admission||Apply Now|
|BBA Admission||Apply Now|
|BCA Admission||Apply Now|
|B.Sc Admission||Apply Now|
|B.Com Admission||Apply Now|
|MCA Admission||Apply Now|
|MBA Admission||Apply Now|
|MA Admission||Apply Now|
|M.Sc Admission||Apply Now|
|M.com Admission||Apply Now|
Table of Contents
- BU Bhopal Notification 2021 www.bubhopal.ac.in › M... NOVEMBER 26TH, 2019
- BU Bhopal Notification 2021 JUNE 15TH, 2021
- IGNOU extended the date for filling the examinati... MAY 15TH, 2020
- IGNOU Re-Admission, Examination Form Submission 20... MAY 15TH, 2020
- Utkal University Celebrating Platinum Jubilee 75th... AUGUST 6TH, 2018