UGC Chairman M. Jagadesh Kumar told the print that admission to PG courses would be conducted through the Common University Entrance Test (CUET).
UGC announced in March 2022 that all universities funded by it, including the Delhi University, will use the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) scores for admission to UG programs. The announcement was made by the chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC),Mr. Jagdesh Kumar. In an interview.
According to M.Jagadesh Kumar Said, the CUET 2022 syllabus will mirror that of the NCERT's model syllabus for class 12.
The CUET will consist of Section 1A, Section 1B, an overall test, and Domain Specific Subjects. In Section 1A, which is mandatory, students have their choice of 13 languages. The following languages are available: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. Students may choose to take Section 1B in addition to the languages in Section 1A if they so wish.
According to M.Kumar, some of the languages offered include French, Arabic, German, etc. The UGC is working on extending the CUET to PG programs at central universities based on the "overwhelming response" from educational institutions, Kumar said.
There are currently different criteria for admission to PG programs at various universities. A few colleges also consider graduation marks a criterion for admission, although most have their entrance exams. CUET will bring uniformity to the application process, allowing students to apply to multiple universities through a single portal.
The latest news & events from the EducationDunia.com
- CUET UG 2022 Registration Last date is Extended... MAY 6TH, 2022
- BU Bhopal Notification 2022 www.bubhopal.ac.in › M... NOVEMBER 26TH, 2019
- UGC Chairman M. Jagadesh Kumar told the print that... APRIL 22ND, 2022
- Yogi Aditiyanath announced that NEET would be a re... APRIL 21ST, 2022
- There are about 1 lakh applicants for UG Entrance... APRIL 19TH, 2022
- IGNOU has extended the deadline for taking the BEd... APRIL 16TH, 2022
- 85% of admissions in 2022 will be based on Common... APRIL 15TH, 2022
- According to St Stephen's, the CUET score will be... APRIL 14TH, 2022
- The University of Jamia Millia Islamia will accept... APRIL 13TH, 2022
- Tamil Nadu Assembly urges the Centre to withdraw t... APRIL 12TH, 2022
- Applications should be started by registering at c... APRIL 9TH, 2022
- University Entrance Test Scores Accepted By CUCET... JANUARY 28TH, 2022
- All eligible students are notified of admission to... APRIL 7TH, 2022
- Ashoka University last date of admission announced JANUARY 25TH, 2022
- IGNOU Re Registration date Extended JANUARY 17TH, 2022
- Online MBA Programme Launch by IGNOU JANUARY 12TH, 2022
- NTA -Released IIFT MBA Program Results! FEBRUARY 1ST, 2022
- Diploma and Degrees offered by the Ed-Tech Compani... JANUARY 31ST, 2022
- The Anna University semester exam schedule is rele... JANUARY 28TH, 2022
- BHU RET 2022: Registration process for begins on b... JANUARY 28TH, 2022