Updated On - October 22nd 2021, Updated By - Vishal
Diploma Courses in Agriculture
Diploma in Agriculture admission 2021-22 is a diploma degree program with a duration of 2 years. This course provides knowledge in different forms of Agriculture like Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Chemistry, Crop Management and Livestock etc.
Admission to this program is based on both the entrance exam and merit. Its eligibility is that the student must have passed at least in High school and Intermediate from a recognised board/ institute. The student must have chemistry, physics, biology and maths as mandatory subjects.
Diploma in Agriculture Admission 2021-22 Highlights:
In this course, you will get a degree in Diploma in Agriculture. the duration of this course is 2 years, and students have to pass Matriculation from a recognized board. The admission will be based on the Entrance exam or/and merit. The fees for the complete course will range from Rs.7000-Rs.20000 depending upon the college and specialization. For admission, the Entrance tests are AP POLYCET, TS POLYCET, ICAR AIEEA. The average salary ranges from Rs. 2 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs. The job profile you will get is as Agronomist, Agriculture Inspector, Agriculture Officer.
Some of the Major and top recruiters are the Government Of India, Agricultural Firms, Food Production firms, Fertilizer manufacturing firms and Government agricultural boards.
Agriculture in Diploma
10th marks Certificate
Admission is done to the merit list and entrance examination
Diploma in Agriculture Admission 2021-22:
After checking eligibility, the next concern is admission, i.e. how to take admission in a diploma course? What is the admission process?
Many other questions like that many students face, so the admission process is given below it will help you to understand -
After a student has decided to pursue a diploma course in Agriculture, the next is the admission process that is of utmost concern. Below we have mentioned the admission process for your ease:
The first step is to take the admission process to read eligibility criteria thoroughly. After that, so many organisations will select you based on your cutoff work.
Top Entrance Exams for Diploma in Agriculture
Indian Council Of Agricultural Research All India Entrance Examination for Admission (ICAR AIEEA)
This exam is held once a year through the National Testing Agency.The mode of the examination is online.
- TS POLYCET
Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test this exam is conducted every year by the State Board Of Technical Education and Training. To qualify for exams students must prepare three core subjects Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- AP POLYCET
Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test this exam is conducted every year by the State Board Of Technical Education and Training. To qualify for exams students must prepare three core subjects Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission 2021-22 in Diploma In Agriculture:
For taking admission to a Diploma course in Agriculture, the students must ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria preferred by the different institutions. Most of the institution selects students who have secured a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized boards. After this, some institutions prefer the entrance exam procedure, and some even prefer the merit list-based admission procedure.
Skills Requirement For Diploma In Agriculture
Students who want to take admission in Diploma In Agriculture must have some knowledge about agriculture and have some required skills about this course. And the subjects which they are going to study, during the course duration are:
- Time management and organization
- Interpersonal Skills
- Learning ability
PG and Diploma Course Fee:
|Post Graduate Diploma In Gis And Remote Sensing||2 Years||12th||10000 to 52000|
|Diploma In Agriculture||1 Year||12th||5000 to 40000|
Diploma in Agriculture after 12th:
A diploma in Agriculture after 12th is a good option for students interested in farming and related subjects. This course is clarified as a short-term certification course. Students get to learn about the basic concepts related to farming by doing practicals. This course is offered in a different level like for 10th based or 12th based, many of such courses are listed below:
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Agro Journalism
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Floriculture
- Diploma in Food Processing
- Diploma in Meat and Meat Products Technology
- Diploma in Meat Technology
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables
- Diploma in Vegetable Production
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Natural Resource Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Pulp and Paper Technology
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Regulations in Agricultural Biotechnology
Diploma Courses after Agriculture admission 2021-22:
Agriculture Colleges in India offer various Diploma courses.You can also check out agriculture course after 12th Courses offered may vary for different universities and colleges. Check multiple Diploma courses in Agriculture that are offered in India:
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Agro Products Processing
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- Diploma in Food Processing
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in Organic Farming
- Diploma in Post Harvest Technology
- Diploma in Seed Technology
Diploma in Agriculture subjects
While pursuing this course, students will learn every detailed information about agriculture, like how to improve the methodologies of farming and the use of farming machinery.
The Subjects students will learn during this course.
- Fundamentals of Entomology
- Plant pathology
- Economic botany
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Principles of horticulture
- Livestock and Poultry production
- Biomathematics Basics of agricultural engineering
Job profile and Description
- Agronomist is taking care of increasing soil productivity by providing better harvesting techniques, providing a better solution for cultivation, and solving all harvest problems.
- The Agricultural Officer duty is to keep an eye on all the activities and regulations in the given area to produce agricultural developments. Their work is to monitor every move that must come under all rules and regulations as per the government.
- Agricultural Engineers have to solve all problems related to the efficiency of the equipment and related problems in agriculture, storage-related issues, environmental issues, or other issues.
- The Agricultural Inspector has to monitor the quality of production, keep an eye on the activities, and ensure all the activities are going according to rules and regulations. He is responsible for providing all the necessary things and equipment for production.
Government Department Jobs
- Government Agricultural Firms
- Food Production Firms
- Fertilizer Manufacturing firms
- Government agricultural boards
- Agricultural Plantations
Top government Diploma in Agriculture colleges in India
- BHU Varanasi
- Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul
- IGNOU Delhi
- Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar
- PAU Ludhiana.
Best Top Colleges For Diploma In Agriculture
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Parul University, Vadodara
- Centurion University of Technology and Management, Orissa
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
- SRK University, Bhopal
Table of Contents